Skip-The-Wait Available to All Authors

@Melani3 I have an importent qustions, can a chapter both have a early release and skip the wait, I would be furious if I just paid gems for the week wait and got hit with skip the wait.

4 Likes

I never actually spend gems for early access or skip the wait, It’s just bonus scenes for me, so no clue. @Melani3 help us out

2 Likes

Yes it can and I have experienced it.

1 Like

you guys just love throwing rocks at the window it seems. i haven’t been on episode in forever, and i suppose i’ll extend my absence, maybe for good now. if y’all think this is a good marketing strategy, sorry to disappoint, but most of us will either wait without paying a cent or leave.

8 Likes

Yes, and the worst one is a 1week early access plus yes plus an 11hr-19hr skip the wait. And the 11hr-19hr ones at least for me will say “1hr left” then come back 1 hrs later and it says the same thing, they will be turning 1hr-3hrs+ so how.

6 Likes

The Early Access I kind of get! But the skip the wait? Naaah anyone want to start a petition to remove this feature? :slightly_smiling_face:

I have made a post on forums. If you’d like to support: FEATURE: Remove Skip The Wait Feature

4 Likes

What’s the point of this? Why make the episode app free if you need gems to do anything at this point. Gems are so hard to get and this app is 13 plus what makes you think we have money I hope you remove this.

8 Likes

Honestly I don’t know how you guys manage to make the game worse with all of these updates. You already make it so we can’t read all chapters at once and now you’re making us wait even longer? Honestly at this point you’re losing more users than you are gaining them. The app gets worse and worse and at some point no ones gonna want to use it. Stop being so greedy and focused on money.

6 Likes

I honestly feel this feature is hot garbage. You are driving readers away. How many people have to say that they are deleting, avoiding, or just down right not reading anything due to this feature.

I understand early access release for the stories still in process
 but now limiting reads on completed stories that have been there for a long time? Marketing fail. You are failing your customers and your creators. The fact creators feel pressured to add this to their stories is sad.

What is the point of us now purchasing a VIP membership but then being told we cannot read stories with our unlimited passes? I have been reading episode for years and was upset when the unlimited passes went, and stopped reading. I finally decided to get over it and just go with the VIP and support episode moving forward. But now I’m met with this gem wait option on all these stories that are completed? VIP subscription is now cancelled to not renew. Very disappointed user

7 Likes

Over the past 5 or so months, I have paid attention to the various changes made that appears to give authors more opportunities to place gem :gem: options in the stories. The skip the wait option is yet another method of insuring that some form of money is spent by the readers within both new and apparently old stories that once upon a time did not originally have any stipulations placed on reading the community stories other than having to wait for more tickets to load. Based on what I have observed
 reading community stories completely free is becoming more and more a thing of the past. To be completely honest
 it has been several months since I have even attempted to read a story. Yes, there are still stories that one can read completely free, but maintaining interest when running into the skip the wait option or pay gems :gem: in order to continue has diminished my desire to continue reading most of the stories I used to read.

4 Likes

Is this new feature just basically another cheap way of getting readers to spent their money on gems just to read a story?

4 Likes

It appears that the option “skip the wait” means you spend gems :gem: to continue reading on to the next chapter without having to wait to read the next chapter ( there is the free option to just wait to read the next chapter, but the wait time I believe is anywhere from a day to a week or so. Previously, if the writer has released a specific number of chapters, you could read them based on how many tickets you have and just read the story until the last published chapter that is available has been read. But now, this new option makes you wait to read further or pay to continue reading the story regardless of whether you have tickets available to read an episode. )

2 Likes

Early access I understand. An author can kinda schedule their content with it, making a whole 20 or so episodes when they have time and then just putting early access on them so they come out weekly, and it makes them a little extra money if people are impatient for their story.

Skip the wait, though? It sounds like it’s the opposite of how people read Episode

7 Likes

Well that’s lousy

2 Likes

I’m so irritated by this new update! It’s horrible. I have to wait 4 hours to read 2 chapters. I hope episode removes this.

8 Likes

As an author trying to trend, I do actually use this on my completed stories.
I mean, I don’t particularly like it, but still

I only ever set it at the 6 chapter skip the wait though, as I feel that 6 chapters is still a decent ‘binge-able’ amount, and honestly I don’t expect anyone to pay the 16 gems, because it’s extortionate.

I like to think of it as a good ‘nighttime read’. 6 chapters before bed, then sleep off most of the wait time, by the time it’s morning the next 6 chapters are almost ready to binge again!

the other options for me just aren’t great in terms of binge reading or the constant need to pay gems.

The one thing I really do wish, is that author’s had control over the gem prices of the wait times.

Just like we do with gem prices in our story choices.

So it would be author discretion not only whether or not they choose to add the skip-the-wait, but also how much they charge for it.

Either way, I know that from a reader perspective, it sucks :confounded:

11 Likes

i think this is the only way to use this feature properly

4 Likes

At this point, @Episode. @Melani3 . @whatever else mod and owner,
you’re making your app go to shit. And that’s on period.
What you’re going to achieve is less people using your app since everything costs gems, because you certainly won’t force anyone to pay that many gems and that much money, or a very small amount of people.
I remember in 2013-2014, when I started on Episode, I loved it because it never asked for money or a reasonable amount (reasonable amount is both money and gem-wise. Not a ton of gems required inside the app, that cost a “small” amount of money, because then you’ll end up having to purchase a lot anyway). Now, you’re turning into an app just like any other on the Playstore.

14 Likes

I’m reading stories without skip the wait

4 Likes

That is awesome :clap:t5:!!! I think I have a couple of stories that do not have skip the wait options. But to be honest, I have lost a considerable amount interest in Episode as a whole!

3 Likes