SLS.EXE's very good wonderful amazing brilliant not so great terrible reviews 🌟 (ON HOLD)

My story: Š Tribe of Malapinchi
Author: Jannah Jackson
Genre: Thriller/Mystery/Horror/Fantasy/Adventure
Description: Toss into a land of the sun, magic, lies and dark secrets in Asia. Can you survive, solve the havoc and save everyone before it’s too late? CharacterCustomization
Episodes: 5/6
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5909308359180288

Why would someone be interested in reading it in the first place?: I try my best to make it uncliche as possible with a special plot. No romance for MC. No LI. No mean girls. No jealously. No romance plot driven. No Pregnant by… No In Love with my… Added abit of Asian spice flavour with my characters, plot, location etc. Its with with mystery, suspense, plot twists and more.

1 Like

Hi,

my story is not yet published I just finished 2 chapter and would be happy for review. :smiley:
Title: The Dark Club
Author: Farah DeSantis
Genre: Romance

2 Likes

I hope you’ll review mines!

Story Name: Run At Midnight
Written By: lemon
Genre: Romance
Episodes: 2 (more chapters coming soon)
Short Description: You’re an athlete, the fastest runner in your class. But how are you going to run away from the pain and heartbreak when it always seems to chase you?
IG: @epi._.lemon
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4787100571467776

Note: There are no choices, and it’s only the first two chapters so there’s not much romance. :slightly_smiling_face:

Cover

Midnight_Sky_z3_posterThumb_8GpLiOZKOo

*Why you think someone would be interested in reading it in the first place? There are not much MC’s that are Asian, and the plot is kinda different from other stories. :thinking: Also, not a lot of girl MC’s are athletes.

My favourite food is cheese pizza :pizza:

1 Like

Alright, here’s mine!
Edited to add: My fav food is… coffee? Can that count?

Title: My Kalona
Genre: Fantasy
Chapter Stats: 9 published
Expected Length: 15 chapters
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4559018983227392
Description: Naomi desperately tries to bond with her estranged father, but becomes the prisoner of a Native-American curse that threatens all. Will her choices lead to freedom or failure?
Notes: Chapter length will vary from chapter to chapter depending on your choices in the game (gain or loss of characters, hidden scenes, multiple paths etc…)
The_Gleaning_posterThumb_Ku6PMJujsM

1 Like

Compulsion by @Aims1141

Review

3 Episodes Read

Cover: N/A
Big Cover: N/A
Description: N/A
Title: Satisfactory.

Backgrounds/Overlays: No missing/black screens. You did one mirror scene where there was an actual reflection and I was like :scream: The custom ones you uploaded to put at the end of the episode(s) were weird and funny (to me) :joy:
Animations/Directing: Very. Good. Seriously, how do you people get so good at this?!
Sound: Good where it is, bad where it isn’t. Sometimes audio goes from music to no sound at all and it throws me off. But where it is, it works.
Spelling and Punctuation: I don’t see anything wrong.
Dialogue Boxes: In the right spots. Nice color choice.

Progression of Time: Works.

Pros:
• My reaction to Zyro 50% of the time he’s on screen: :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::joy::joy::rofl:
• Locked choices.
• Timed choices.
• Okay. Just the choices in general. They make the dialogue lean.
• Punching a pedo :heart_eyes::joy:
• Episode Hair Dye :japanese_ogre:
• INK characters (miraculously) don’t look like the same person
• Episodes have a good length and end on a note that makes you want to click to the next one
• Use of readerMessage
•

Cons:
• Some people really hate timed/locked choices, which may turn them off from the story :joy: I, however, find them compelling; and, they keep me focused on the story. Like I can’t just walk away to watch something on TV and come back 30 minutes later wondering what I was doing.
• Bro, Salma is gonna get punched too :joy:

:white_check_mark: CC
:x:Simple Directing
:white_check_mark: Advanced Directing
Diversity Scale:
[🏻
[🏼
[🏽 <----- It’s more about diversity within the characters. There aren’t any cultures or ideas explored, but the characters really seem different from the other characters in the story. I can easily tell them apart and it seems like they could be real people. I like that.
[🏾
[🏿
:white_check_mark: Outfits Are Cute
:white_check_mark: Custom Backgrounds/ Overlays
:white_check_mark: Uses Sound

:x:Limelight
:white_check_mark:Ink
:x:Classic

TL;DR: I don’t generally even consider clicking on gang/mafia related stories because… well… they’re all related. On Episode, quite a lot of them are the same. This particular story, though, excites me. I can’t say why for sure… but I like it. :joy: I don’t feel like I’m going to be bored while watching/reading it. And I love the humor.

1 Like

Blurred Lines by @elliewrites.episode

Review

3 Episodes Read

Cover: Beautiful.
Big Cover: Same as small cover. Still beautiful.
Description: Good. Cliche by Episode standards, but good.
Title: No. #ThanksRobinThicke :joy_cat:

Backgrounds/Overlays: Good. Custom ones are also beautiful.
Animations/Directing: Very good.
Sound: Noice.
Spelling and Punctuation: Perfect.
Dialogue Boxes: Good.

Progression of Time: Makes sense.

Pros:
• I’ve never seen someone actually make the hair Harper has on work. Congrats! :star_struck:
• Jake was nice.

Cons:
• I walked into work literally in my underwear and no one said anything about it. :joy:
• I :clap: Don’t :clap: Care :clap: About :clap: Quinn​:clap: AT :clap: ALL :clap:. I don’t know why, but I just don’t. Also, I hate when characters get broken up with by someone I (read: the reader) doesn’t even really know yet. The broken-up-with character always ends up looking whiny and nihilistic because we (the reader) haven’t spent enough time with the characters in said broken-up-relationship to even know how we should feel.
• Uhhh Quinn assumes just because Aiden sleeps around he’s just automatically a bad guy and that’s just :zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face: Actually Quinn makes a lot of assumptions. About a lot of things. How old is she supposed to be?! :joy:
• This whole thing reminds me of The Bad Boy Stole My Bra
• Honestly, the whole story to me is just very pretty and that’s it. There’s no substance. Nothing that makes me want to keep going.It’s very Episode-ish.

:x: Simple Directing
:white_check_mark: Advanced Directing
Diversity Scale:
[🏻 All of the characters are basically the same characters with different faces. In real life, I would be terrified by these robotic “people”. Unless… they’re not people!!! Conspiracy theory?!
[🏼
[🏽
[🏾
[🏿

:white_check_mark:Limelight
:x:Ink

TL;DR: This is something Episode would buy.

Title: No . #ThanksRobinThicke

‘Blurred Lines’ symbolize a lack of clarity. No Robin Thick inpso here :joy:

I :clap: Don’t :clap: Care :clap: About :clap: Quinn​:clap: AT :clap: ALL :clap:. I don’t know why, but I just don’t. Also, I hate when characters get broken up with by someone I (read: the reader ) doesn’t even really know yet. The broken-up-with character always ends up looking whiny and nihilistic because we ( the reader ) haven’t spent enough time with the characters in said broken-up-relationship to even know how we should feel.

Most (actually, all) of the feedback I have gotten on Stephen is that they feel he made the right choice breaking things off and they do not hate him. And I think people are right to feel that way. Given what information is available about him, he actually does care about Quinn. The whole point of the story hinges on a breakup, so it wouldn’t make sense for me to drag it out.

Uhhh Quinn assumes just because Aiden sleeps around he’s just automatically a bad guy and that’s just :zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face: Actually Quinn makes a lot of assumptions. About a lot of things. How old is she supposed to be?! :joy:

She’s supposed to be 25. She’s not perfect and I think that’s a good thing because her character will grow and develop over the course of the story. Did you actually read past episode 1? Because she learns very early on that Aiden isn’t a bad person. Her primary assumptions towards him are not solely based on the fact that he sleeps with lots of women, but the magazine he writes for. It’s a ‘maxim’ type magazine she perceives as being sexist (which she states.)

This whole thing reminds me of The Bad Boy Stole My Bra

I have never read it.

All of the characters are basically the same characters with different faces. In real life, I would be terrified by these robotic “people”. Unless… they’re not people!!! Conspiracy theory?!

A lot of this is actually intentional. Especially with the models. They are all white and look the same, as I feel many of them do in the beauty industry.

Thanks for your opinion! I’ve gotten incredible feedback on this story so this doesn’t deter me from continuing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Everyone has their own taste!

1 Like

Hi, I’d love it if you’d like to read mine. It’s pretty cliché lol but I’m a sucker for it.

Title: Toxic love
Genre: Romance (drama?? there hasn’t been a lot of romance yet)
Author name: Lesley
Instagram: Lesley.episode
Oh and my favorite food is pizza, also cliché but it’s cliché for a reason right?? because everyone loves it x

1 Like

I don’t hate Stephen either. I think he’s actually one of the best characters :joy:
It’s Quinn I don’t care about, and I should because she’s the main character.

The dialogue choices that you get with Aiden don’t give me that vibe at all. It gives me either
a.) She doesn’t like him but she doesn’t want to outright say it or
b.) She actually hates him and she wants to outright say it

Girl… don’t. :joy:

I didn’t really mean their looks. I was mainly talking about her friend’s personalities were kind of all the same. Except the blonde one (Courtney?) who was just something all on her own :joy:

Just to be clear, I didn’t want to deter you from writing. I actually think you’re a good author. I think the idea was good, but the execution just wasn’t for me. I just really don’t like romance, I guess. :joy:

The dialogue choices that you get with Aiden don’t give me that vibe at all . It gives me either
a.) She doesn’t like him but she doesn’t want to outright say it or
b.) She actually hates him and she wants to outright say it

She doesn’t like him, I wasn’t saying she does. I said her dislike doesn’t just come from the fact he sleeps with a ton of women, it comes from the fact that he works for a magazine she feels is sexist. You do see glimpses of her warming up to him and beginning to realize she’s misjudging him, though.

Girl… don’t. :joy:

I know The Bad Boy Stole My Bra is a featured story, but it is actually not one that I have read yet. So :woman_shrugging:t2:

I just really don’t like romance, I guess.

You’re not the only one! I’ve gotten really good feedback from people who also don’t like romance so I think it just comes down to taste in general.

But anyways, like I said, thanks for your opinion! Have a great day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Ahh! Thanks so much for this! I really appreciate it! :heart:

Girlll, it took two failed stories to get to this point :joy::joy:

:joy::joy: I’m glad you like him!!

Why? :joy::joy:

Aww, thanks so much!

Thanks again for this!!

1 Like

Girl, she brought the pedo back to the house :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::joy:

1 Like

Oh yeah :joy::joy:

Is there anything else I can improve on or work on regardless of the music?

1 Like

Mmm

Nothing in particular that I remember. I think I just enjoyed what was going on so much that I stopped looking for errors :joy: my bad

1 Like

Aww, no worries! I’m just glad that you enjoyed it! :heart:

1 Like

Hey there. :slight_smile:
I am curious what you might think about my story since I am open up to revamp a few parts if necessary :slight_smile:

Well, I tried to make a story this is kinda non-cliche. You are playing a female and a male MC here and both of them are really sassy and a bit badass as well. The story is about cohesion, family’s love and deep friendships. It’s not like the typical featured episode stories you might see on the shelf. However, even when it starts with the introduction - I have my own way to do everything :slight_smile:

Favorite Food… Food is life so I am sorry but it’s hard for me to decide :smiley:

My details:
My Story:
Author: May Laugh
Title: Trouble Twins
Instagram: maylaugh_episode
Genre: Adventure
Episodes: 8 (going on)
Style: Ink
Description:
Danger. Passion. Love.
Always standing up for each other through thick and thin, that is what these twins are all about. But can they really master every chaos together?
Link: [http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5334870588784640 ]

Small Cover:

Large COVER:

1 Like

I would love a review from you!
Author: Madhu
Story Title: Black hearts golden desires
Genre: fanatsy
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5019562149478400
Instagram: @episode.angelindisguise

1 Like

The Star Necklace by @Maya6

Review

Cover: Wonky.
Big Cover: Less Wonky.
Description: Verb tensing is terrible. But I still want to click? :thinking::joy:
Title: Unique.

Backgrounds/Overlays: I hate them and I love them. Know what I mean? Like, they make no sense, but they make sense? My sentences must be confusing for someone whose third language is English :joy:
Animations/Directing: Works.
Sound: Makes me want to dance.
Spelling and Punctuation: Not the best, not the worst. I can understand it just fine and honestly that’s good enough for me.
Dialogue Boxes: Seems legit.

Progression of Time: Decent? I mean, it works.

Pros:
• Very nice and warranted disclaimer
• The baby overlay :joy:
• The weird splashes of culture notes. Learning about other people in other places is fun.
• Little kids actually look like little kids

Cons:
• Grandma. She knows she’s a woman, right? :joy:

:white_check_mark::question: Simple Directing
:white_check_mark::question: Advanced Directing
Diversity Scale:
[🏻
[🏼
[🏽 <—
[🏾
[🏿

TL;DR: It’s so weird that I want to keep going.

1 Like

Thanks for the thread!

Title : Take My Heart
Episode Author : Jiya
Genre : Romance
Style : Ink
Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4602924031868928
Description : Shawn visits NY to get away from his childhood love. But what happens when he meets an ordinary girl? Will she help him unite with his love or show him what real love is?
Cover :
Take_My_Heart_pc_posterThumb_thV1iW52T5
Episodes : 1 (more to come)

1 Like

Breaking my psycho’s walls by @Nency_episode

Review

3 1/2 Episodes Read

Cover: Interesting… I like the V-Line you put on him :joy:
Big Cover: reads: “Cute but Psycho” :joy: I don’t know how to feel
Description: Grammar is not great. But… a psycho going into a high school to catch a killer? That’s wild :crazy_face:
Title: I like long titles because I’m weird but this one isn’t properly capitalised and you’re missing an apostrophe. It is unique, though.

Backgrounds/Overlays: :relieved:
Animations/Directing: Wonky. Sometimes characters are turned the wrong way or they come on the screen for .05 seconds or when they hug they’ll both have the same animation so they’re hugging nothing. But generally, the directing is okay.
Sound: Works.
Spelling and Punctuation: Bad. Worse. But I can read it, which is good. I’m guessing your first language isn’t English. Which is cool because English sucks. I mean, it’s cool. But like, it sucks? Know what I mean?

EDIT: I wrote that while reading the first episode, before you said you weren’t native English :joy:

Also is “Cherif” supposed to be “Sheriff” or is Cherif his actual name?
Dialogue Boxes: Decent.

Progression of Time: Works.

Pros:
• Ayden is wild :joy:
• You used a lot of spoken voice sounds, and they really had me rolling
• Ayden thinking about helping Lavera for 10 minutes straight after she falls :joy:

Cons:
• Ayden is wild :joy:
• Too much random high school drama. To be fair, most things that are happening are happening at a high school, but, the plot isn’t about high school.
• You use the word “psycho” a lot, which really gives it less meaning (personally). Ayden doesn’t seem psychotic, just slightly emotionally unstable. I feel like if he was he real psycho, HE would be the serial killer, you know?
• Okay, I know Ayden has a electronic ankle bracelet whatever on, but… why doesn’t he just run through the pain? I’m not entirely convinced he can’t escape.

:white_check_mark: Simple Directing
:x: Advanced Directing
Diversity Scale:
[🏻
[🏼 :wink:
[🏽
[🏾
[🏿
:white_check_mark: Custom Backgrounds/Overlays

QUestioNS i HAVe 4 U:
• How old are these characters supposed to be?
• Why does Lavera care so much about a “psycho” getting let out of jail that she doesn’t even know?
• What country is this supposed to take place in?
• Why is Cherif so sure Ayden can catch the killer? And why did he take TWO YEARS (or one, I forgot how much) OFF OF HIS SENTENCE?!
• Um… why does Ayden’s brother and sister act more like they’re in a relationship than siblings? :joy:

TL;DR: Interesting concept… I have so many questions :joy:

1 Like