Smaller Stories Featured on Youtube

So I had an idea. Should I create a Youtube channel and read one or two episodes of a smaller authors story? For free. By smaller I mean under 5k reads.
Is this a good idea?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Thanks for your time.

2 Likes

Some people don’t like that. If you decide to do this… Make sure you have permission to their read stories. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah. There would be a request thread

5 Likes

ps how do you make a vote

I mean, it does give recognition but at the same time it does decrease reads as people don’t actually read it but watch it.

6 Likes

Yeah I agree 100%. But I was also wondering if I read like 1 chapter it might leave people on a cliffhanger. But I completely agree with what you said.

2 Likes

It would be up to the author, if they agree then there shouldn’t be a problem.

1 Like

That is a great idea!

1 Like

Wow. I never really thought of it like that.

Like stated above, I guess having the authors permission (which includes your request thread) would be perfect alongside your idea.

4 Likes

I’m going to open a thread tomorrow. I will probably tag the peeps that answered yes

1 Like

Maybe ask permission before. :grin:

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner category. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

Mine isn’t under 5k but if you want to read it, it’s called Toxins

If you do this in hopes of wanting to give smaller stories exposure, I would recommend asking the author first and then doing reaction videos of part of the chapter instead of the whole chapter. Otherwise, it takes away from potential reads.

Perhaps maybe record bits and pieces of the story and explain the basic plot, characters, and what you thought of it. It doesnt have to be a review but that way you’re not ‘taking’ views but you’re giving readers a taste of the story and leave them to check it out if they want more.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.