So I'm trying to add multiple overlays to my background but when I do it, this way it doesn't show up can someone help me?

Down below is the coding, can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? (second code is the problem) I usual write my overlays like this (first code) :

&overlay GRANDSHIPDOOR create AND overlay GRANDSHIPDOOR to layer 0 AND overlay GRANDSHIPDOOR shifts to -123 -118 in zone 1 in 0 AND overlay GRANDSHIPDOOR scales to 2.500 2.500 in 0 AND overlay GRANDSHIPDOOR opacity 1.0 in 0

But I started to notice a glitch when I do it this way… So I tried doing it this way but my overlays aren’t appearing and no error code is showing up please help me!

INT. GRAND SHIP KENDRICS BEDROOM with BALLDRESS to -24 205 0.694 in zone 1 at layer 0 with BHANGER to 50 370 0.424 in zone 1 at layer -3 with BLONDE WIG to 133 342 0.226 at layer -4 with BRHANGER to 118 357 0.532 in zone 1 at layer -3

You cant have layer there it has to be after look at example on the buttom

also size shall be first not last.

INT. GRAND SHIP KENDRICS BEDROOM with BALLDRESS to 0.694 -24 205 in zone 1
@overlay BALLDRESS moves to layer 0

1 Like

INT. GRAND SHIP KENDRICS BEDROOM with BALLDRESS to 0.694 -24 205 in zone 1 with BHANGER to 0.424 50 370 in zone 1 with BLONDE WIG to 0.226 133 342 with BRHANGER to 0.532 118 357 in zone 1
@overlay BALLDRESS moves to layer 0 AND overlay BHANGER moves to layer -3 AND overlay BLONDE WIG moves to layer -4 AND overlay BRHANGER moves to layer -3

I wrote it like this and it showed up thank you!

1 Like

you mixed up the numbers

as first you write the scale (one number) and than the shift coordintates - you have it vice versa

Thank you I sorted it out! Do you know if it’s possible to write the layers in the same line also or do I have to do the layers in a separate line?

yes you can write all in one line.

the only think you cant have in the line is rotation - if you need to rotate overlay from the start then it is better to use create command - because then you will not have a glitch

but to your question

you write it
with OVERLAY_NAME to # # # in zone # at layer #

2 Likes

Thank you so much, it didn’t glitch , I’ve been having problems with overlays for a while now but it looks like my problem is fixed. Have a good day! :kissing_closed_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.