So.....Is This a "Bad" thing?

So I feel like most people get annoyed with the “bad boy” or “mysterious” LI, but If I’m being honest, if he’s always nice, brings you flowers every chance he gets, like literally the sweetest and softest guy you’ll ever meet I get BORED!!! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :joy: :sob: (obviously I don’t mean I like when they’re rude, just “mysterious” or at least a little adventurous :woman_shrugging: )

I know it may be a bad thing, but I need adventure and mystery, I can’t just “settle down” and I’m speaking for reality, and Episode. I do like when a guy/LI is nice and romantic, but not so much so where they’re smothering you with cuteness.
Like if the nice guy can’t be a little fun, mysterious, and adventurous, at least sometimes, I DON’T WANT IT!!!
I’m sorry if this offends people but I get bored really easy, and when people are just soft and nice, like literal angels, I can’t handle it (romantically speaking) I need a challenge, the LI (and if I were to get a boyfriend) need to challenge me, make me laugh, and not bore me.

It’s totally different if you’re being professional at work, or with family, but if you can’t take my jokes, and can’t be sarcastic with me, you know where the door is :woozy_face:

Lmao sorry for the little “rant” but I just had to get that out there, don’t come for me :sweat_smile: :sob:

Is there anyone else that thinks like me? Or am I just weird :woozy_face: :joy: comment your thoughts below if you’d like :laughing:

Also, sorry if this is the wrong category :sweat_smile:

18 Likes

I get what you mean, its honestly just depends on everyone’s preference tho, so it’s not a bad thing. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Yeah definitely, I agree :laughing:

1 Like

Just seen the edit lol, and thanks, all of my friends say I’m weird when I don’t really care for the “nice guy” :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I totally agree, when a love interest is sweet and neutral all the time it makes everything dull…

Like the mysterious bad boy type is alluring lol that type of LI really pulls you in because of how interesting they are and it’s like you want to keep being entertained by them. Whereas with a sweet LI you’ve already won them over, so there’s really nothing to gain from that.

4 Likes

Omg yes EXACTLY :laughing: that’s is exactly how I feel with the sweet type, there’s no “chase” or whatever :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

bump! lmao I’m actually pretty interested in what you guys think about this subject
Bad boys VS Nice guys???
Let me know :blush: :joy:

2 Likes

There’s a big difference between a mysterious/adventurous guy and a bad guy. I think I just get annoyed when it’s gone about the wrong way.

6 Likes

Yeah lol I get where you’re coming from :sweat_smile: :grinning:

1 Like

Nice guys
not like they have to bring u flowers every time they meet BUT i mean i hate the ‘bad boys’ like Spencer in Upside Down
And i agree with what u said, a little mystery wont hurt :joy::sparkles::smirk:

3 Likes

Yeah definitely :joy: :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

:smirk:

1 Like

Lmfao I’m obsessed with that emoji so much, my friends get annoyed when I send it now :sob: :woman_shrugging: :smirk:

1 Like

Well then send it to me! i never get bored!!! :joy::smirk::heart:

1 Like

The way you said that though Lmao :joy: :sob: :smirk:

1 Like

I think the issue is that type of “good boy” is usually set up to be a stark contrast to the “bad boy.” Since these are more archetypes than developed characters in Episode stories, the good boy tends to come off as very shallow (as in lacking depth). Though a lot of the time the so-called good guy gets extremely jealous and possessive and ignores the MC’s boundaries anyway :roll_eyes:

Good storytelling requires characters who develop over time, which means they all sound have some kind of mystery or hidden depth we have to work to find out. Real people navigating real relationships have conflict and flaws and growth, so we want our characters to reflect those things. I agree that a character who’s too agreeable is boring because it doesn’t give us any sense of why these specific characters connect and fit together. The way bad boys are written can be a big problem though, and likewise characters can be genuinely good and kind and still have flaws that we need to discover.

7 Likes

I agree with you…but I kinda disagree with you.

“Bad boy” LIs in episode are not hated I think it’s rather toxic LIs.
And to significantly group all “nice guys” as boring is just unfair. Just cuz a guy is nice, and brings flowers dosent mean he dosen’t have depth and is boring.
And to say a “bad guy” is never boring isn’t right either. It’s too stereotypical.

And I love me a simp so-

4 Likes

@hibiscusgravy Yeah it is definitely all up to the way you write both, the “nice guy” and “bad boy”, I agree with all you said :laughing:

LMAO IM THE EXACT SAME WAY. i get bored with nice guys idk why :pensive: it makes me feel bad too bc guys will be so nice to me bc they like me and im just bored of the dry good morning good night and how are you texts. i want someone who can be a smart ass and keep up with me, otherwise ill just feel like im bullying them lol

1 Like

There’s nothing thing wrong with that. People often get mixed up. Others don’t have a problem w cocky, funny “bad boys” as long as they’re not abusive. As long as they don’t push girls against walls without consent to do so. I agree w u. I don’t know a single guy who acts the way u described the “good guy” as. It’s not realistic.

1 Like