So question on number of lines

With coding and all do you think that 2000-2050 lines is about where a story should be? I’m almost there on episode one and want to keep each episode about the same. If you think there should be more lines in each one let me know thank you all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My episode lines usually add up to 10k-15k.

1 Like

It strongly depends on whether or not you’re doing multiple branches, customization, overlays, etc. I’ve seen stories with complex choices, minigames, and endings reach over 70,000 lines. But 2000 lines of just dialogue and character interaction might be a bit too much.

3 Likes

I don’t have branches but I do have a lot of overlays and you get to CC and outfit games in there that takes up lines also.

is that coding and all or just dialogue?

1 Like

Coding and all

1 Like

So I have 2 stories.
“Twelve” has a more advanced coding and it could take up to 16,000 lines of dialogue and coding.
Then there’s “Tangled Spells” it has like 2000 lines of coding and dialogue, but the coding is basic.

2 Likes

16,000 lines makes me want to cry 🥲

Advise you to keep it between 2k-3k, not more since it will drag a lot and will get quite boring and long later on. More than 3k is too much and less than 1.5k is too little.

2 Likes

i usually dont care how many lines i have but when i finish the episode i like to read it as fast as possible; meaning i read the dialogue but when trying the outfits i know which is which so i tap one and the reader usually want to see all the outfits
so when i read the episode i put stopwatch on and i read it and when i finish reading the episode i stop the stopwatch and if its 20 min or more then i know im good to go

1 Like

Thank you

Why

Because me and molly co-write and 16,000 lines takes SO long

1 Like

Oh lol I agree it does take time to get there and past lol

With no cc? Yeah, I think it’s cool, you can use a timer and find out how long it takes to play the episode. If it takes 7-10 minutes, then perfect!

2 Likes

I have limited CC and thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.