So, what abt Episode VIP?

Soooooo I just opened the app & this popped up.

I’m kinda curious to what the community think abt this… do u think u’ll be paying? $6.99 a week is quite a lot… but I don’t think many ppl will be paying for it weekly. Do u also think that they’re releasing this so that people can receive more gems to help support episode community stories?? I’m rlly curious abt this so lemme knw. :white_heart:

18 Likes

this is for people that live and breath episode but tbh a fiver a week is actually really good well idk

3 Likes

So, they removed the $10 30-day pass for a weekly one for $7 dollars? I— :neutral_face:

13 Likes

pass free only on episode official thats where they went wrong :clown_face:

20 Likes

oop when u put it that way :clown_face:

3 Likes

Is that $6.99 USD? It’s showing as $6.99 for me, but I have the Aussie app store and my prices in Episode are usually in AUD.

Either way, it’s a total rip off considering that basically all the benefits are only for featured stories lol except for the no ads (I think?).

10 Likes

It’s so ridiculous, tbh I don’t think I’m paying for this, ever.

4 Likes

I thought the 2 gems for chapter completion were for community stories as well as featured stories… I might consider paying this for two/three weeks but $6.99 for 1 week is ridiculous considering passes for 30 days were $7 I think it’s usd cuz I have the US App Store

3 Likes

But you don’t get any gems for completing a community story. So 2x 0 is still 0 :joy:
It says 2x, not 2 gems. (That’s my understanding anyway)
Unless they add the feature in for community stories with gems.

4 Likes

I will definitely not be paying for that :joy: everything episode has been proposing and putting in the app has just been to promote the featured stories which I would never read. If it would have been to help community stories I would have

7 Likes

Seven bucks a week for a bunch of stuff I wouldn’t use anyway? F off, Episode.

10 Likes

Right! Why tf would I buy unlimited passes for $6.99 weekly for featured stories, I’ll never read. When I could spend $7 for unlimited passes on community stories for 30 days. This is rlly dumb :woman_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

Maybe I would consider it if it was $6.99 per month, maybe even $10 or $14, but per week? We seriously need to talk if you’re going to spend that much money on episode per week lol.

9 Likes

I hate the fact that they are forcing people to read the featured stories simply to have access to the community ones. Like instead of fixing the issue of people not wanting to read featured stories bc they suck, they force gems into community stories and don’t even allow us to earn gems back in community stories. They put out deals like this and wonder why people are not buying it

11 Likes

… I think this ranking update only happened bc episode realised no one was reading their featured stories & needed ppl to be spending gems :woman_facepalming:t3:

6 Likes

Thats exactly what happened. Episode is not slick. They know people weren’t reading the featured ones so they are using the ranking system the manipulate authors to put gems into their stories since it will affect their rankings.

5 Likes

While the gem ranking is hurting small authors and making their ranks lower, it only slightly affects bigger authors since they in general have a bigger audience and more reads. Episode is using their stories to make bank

2 Likes

:woman_shrugging:t2: mine is $3.99 Canadian dollar, which is about $3 USD. DEAL!

1 Like

But yours is a different amount of gems :thinking:
Strange. They must be trying different packages?

1 Like

Oh. I didn’t pay attention to that. :woman_shrugging:t2: