SOLVED! Need help with overlay rotations

So, ever since I started rotating overlays (custom ones) this keeps happening :skull:

bad%20boy

It rotates off-screen not in the middle like I want it to be.

Any ways to fix this?

Help me tame this bad boi :tired_face:

someone plz helpppppppp :cry:

May be anchor point 0.5 0.5 would help?

I use that, but it’s the same :frowning:

May be you should share the part of that script. Others might be able to help.

EXT. THEME with PURPLE MAGIC to 1.846 -78 63 in zone 2 at layer 3 with TITLE TEXT in zone 2 with SPIRIT to 0.640 81 234 in zone 2 at layer 1
@cut to zone 2
@pause for 2
@overlay PURPLE MAGIC rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 3

3 Likes

How big is your overlay? I mean apart from main body how far does the edges go?
I dont know much about directing but this might help.

This would be 0.5 0.5

This may be around 0.25x to 0.5 y to rotate it about the intersected point.
I am not sure if it is true I am just applying basic mathematics understanding. Correct me if I am wrong.

I think its 0.5 0.5 in both picture since the intersected point is half way down both axis. I think I confused you even more haha.

Here’s my overlay, it’s 500x500
for%20%C4%B1ntro

Then may be it’s some different error. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi.
Rotating an overlay’s tricky as when changing the anchor point of it, also changes its position on screen.
I take it you want the vortex to spin in place(?) So you need to make the placement after you’ve rotated it.
Have you tried shifting the overlay at the same time as you rotate it? Or you can make an extra rotation right back to the original cooordinates after the first one, that usually works…

<3

1 Like

Same thing happened to my overlay, @HappyDaisy is right put new placements.
&overlay ---- rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 3
@overlay shifts — to AND overlay scales to —

I’ll try it out fellas, informing you in 5.

Kk

My code for this time:

EXT. THEME with PURPLE MAGIC to 1.846 -78 63 in zone 2 at layer 3 with TITLE TEXT in zone 2 with SPIRIT to 0.640 81 234 in zone 2 at layer 1
@cut to zone 2
@pause for 2
&overlay PURPLE MAGIC rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 3
@overlay PURPLE MAGIC shifts to -78 63 in zone 2 AND overlay PURPLE MAGIC scales to 1.846 1.846

Still the same thing happened, feel like this lad doesn’t want to spin around…

Maybe flip it around :thinking: like
&overlay shifts ---- to AND overlay scales to —
@overlay ----- orates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 3

It just doesn’t want to work… I’m starting to think that I need to e-mail support. This happens to me all the time…

Sorry I couldn’t help :confused::sweat: but @Dara.Amarie is an expert at this I bet she could! :grin:

1 Like

I think so too! :blush:

I DID IT Y’ALL!

I used CAR BUG REAR as an example because CAR BUG REAR overlay is 489x497 or something like that. And my overlay is 500x500. I resized my overlay then uploaded it back then it worked!

I suggest resizing. It worked for me, it might work for you too!

Sorry for the mention Dara, but thank you anyways!

@Jeremy it would be amazing if you could close this thread as problem is solved. :smile: