Some concerns with the way male characters are treated on episode

1. I absolutely agree with this point. I always disliked how much the media normalized women slapping men. They usually justify it by the large difference in physical strength between the two, but I still believe that it’s unacceptable. A violent act doesn’t have to hurt physically to be condemned.

2. Well, this actually happens a lot more in the reverse. Have you seen the flooding of bad boy stories on this app? The portrayal of healthy relationships on Episode is just non-existent all around.

3. This also goes both ways I think. But since Episode is an app mainly geared towards females, we tend to see more female characters talking about male characters than the reverse.

I’m more concerned about the way male characters are shown to not have any emotions when they’re upset aside from anger. Most of them are the typical male-love-interest-from-a-high-school-movie trope. They constantly use “bro”, “man”, “dude” at the end of every sentence and have only one purpose in the story which is to become the female MC’s boyfriend or rejected-best-friend. There’s a good topic about this that you might want to check out if you haven’t, it brings up a lot more points worth reading :blush:

9 Likes