Some help with music!

Currently writing a story (limelight)
I was wondering if it was possible to have one music track play, then stop (meaning, volume = 0 ), then immediately have a new one follow and start playing? It keeps giving me the error of “Can’t have music off then have another music track immediately follow” :persevere:

I was wondering if this could work?

music (here)

dont use music off command, just immediately after dialogue, use music (another track)

dont use music off command, just immediately after dialogue, use original music again (music here)

You would just write the name of the music you want to play

music juvie_seedy
some script here
music music_whimsicalpiano
some script here

OR you can do this-
music juvie_seedy
some script here
music off
@pause for 0.1
music music_whimsicalpiano
some script here

1 Like

If it still doesn’t work after doing what she said above me, try refreshing your browser. Sometimes the Writer Portal gets stuck.

1 Like

It doesn’t work, and I also tried refreshing the browser :sob:

Still gives you an error? Can you screen shot where the error is on your script?

1 Like

The thing is, the script accepts this code, but it doesn’t play the music, just goes completely silent after one sound is off and the next one plays…

Oh wait, it works now!

I used the

(music)

(dialogue here)

(music here)

command without using music off. At first, I was afraid that the music tracks would combine together (play at the same time, causing a big jumble of sounds) but it doesn’t seem to. Thank you!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.