Some Helpful Information: Jewish Characters! <3 <3

בום

2 Likes

I feel like that means bump…

Yep ^^

2 Likes

It was the closest translation I could find… Lol

I knew it was technically “boom” but according to my thing, “bump” didn’t exist lol

Bump for our brothers!

2 Likes

Allow me to correct:

1. I do not know if it is mistake, but I think it is “livriut” (even though some Israelis say “lavriut”)
  1. It is “beseder”
  1. It is “ma ha’matzav”
  1. It is "mashehu

(I know it is @Mehasels’s words, I know)

4 Likes

I am sorry if it is rude that I am correcting. It is not my intention :slightly_smiling_face:.

So, @Mehasels, I hope you will not be offended :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I thought it was depending on accent and/or like… Flair of how a person says some words shrugs isn’t either way fine just fine?

1 Like

Heard! Sweet, now we know!! <3

1 Like

True. Most people in Israel speak Hebrew in a informal way (for example: many Israelis pronounce 18 as “shmona esre”, but technically there’s no word “shmona esre”.
It is or “shmona asar” (if the noun you refer to is a male - e.g: shulkhan (= table), kise (= chair) are in a male) or “shmone esre” (if the noun is a female - e.g: mitta ( = bed), iir (= a city) are in a female)

2 Likes

Hey!! If y’all have any Jewish characters, POST THEM! I wanna see! <3 <3

What kind of Jew are they? Do they wear the yarmulke all the time or only when they eat/travel/pray? Or…do they wear it at all? I know in Limelight, they technically don’t even have yarmulkes >.> What kinda tragedy is this??

1 Like

bump

1 Like

2 Jewish characters from my unpublished story: (I won’t show all of them):

3 Likes

Awesome!! What are their roles in the story? Either of them an MC or supporting characters? What’s their personality like? :smiley: - What kind of Jew are they? ^^

If Yarmulkes were available, would he wear one?

@KookiesAndKreme you say something…?

Yeah, I deleted it because I saw you addressed it later on in the post

bad habit of mine lol

1 Like

Do you think I could contribute some stuff about the holidays? I’m jewish myself so I know a bit

2 Likes

X’D No worries, fam ^^ Yeah, it was the closest translation my thingy gave me, I knew it wasn’t 100% correct, I just really wanted to do it in Hebrew and the thingy ASSURED me it was a synonym. Which…kinda can be depending :thinking: At least in English ^^

Also YES please DO!! Anything you like, just information dump!! <3

1 Like

Well, you can say that they are supporting characters (even though the MC is Jewish. I’ll not give details in public about this, but my story will be with a full diversity, for sure :wink: :grin:)

I will answer both questions together. So, the female is a religious woman who lives in USA (but she wasn’t born there) and works there as a teacher in university (I will not go into details much about her either), while the male is a young man whose job I won’t tell now.

Well, he was born into a religious-traditional family. I mean, his family defines itself as neither strictly religious nor secular (in Hebrew, those people are called “masortim” (lit. traditional {people}) or “shomrei masoret” (upholders of tradition). However, the male character himself is kindda secular-traditional Jewish (he doesn’t keep shabbat much, but he observes other commandments, such as kashrut, holidays, etc.). Even though, he goes to the synagogue sometimes.
So, the answer to this question is - yes. But not always. Only when he prays or/and goes to synagogue.

1 Like

Amazing…I’m so happy to see this, you have no idea!! :cry:

1 Like