Some Helpful Information: Jewish Characters! <3 <3

Which video was it? I’ll remove it as well. Also, I’ll update this soon with phrases and words when I get on my pc later ^^

UPDATED with phrases and words and stuff!!

Yay!! ^^ <3 <3 <3

Thanks @Mehasels! <3 <3 <3

1 Like

Here’s a bump. By God, this thread will stay alive ^^

1 Like

Support! And if anyone has more questions, feel free to PM me. I have an observant Jewish Israeli (who used to live in America) friend, and I’m sure that she’d be happy to answer anything!

3 Likes

Awesome! Thank you <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 If you have anything you want to add or just talk about, feel free!

2 Likes

I’ll be doing it <3

בום

2 Likes

I feel like that means bump…

Yep ^^

2 Likes

It was the closest translation I could find… Lol

I knew it was technically “boom” but according to my thing, “bump” didn’t exist lol

Bump for our brothers!

2 Likes

Allow me to correct:

1. I do not know if it is mistake, but I think it is “livriut” (even though some Israelis say “lavriut”)
  1. It is “beseder”
  1. It is “ma ha’matzav”
  1. It is "mashehu

(I know it is @Mehasels’s words, I know)

4 Likes

I am sorry if it is rude that I am correcting. It is not my intention :slightly_smiling_face:.

So, @Mehasels, I hope you will not be offended :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I thought it was depending on accent and/or like… Flair of how a person says some words shrugs isn’t either way fine just fine?

1 Like

Heard! Sweet, now we know!! <3

1 Like

True. Most people in Israel speak Hebrew in a informal way (for example: many Israelis pronounce 18 as “shmona esre”, but technically there’s no word “shmona esre”.
It is or “shmona asar” (if the noun you refer to is a male - e.g: shulkhan (= table), kise (= chair) are in a male) or “shmone esre” (if the noun is a female - e.g: mitta ( = bed), iir (= a city) are in a female)

2 Likes

Hey!! If y’all have any Jewish characters, POST THEM! I wanna see! <3 <3

What kind of Jew are they? Do they wear the yarmulke all the time or only when they eat/travel/pray? Or…do they wear it at all? I know in Limelight, they technically don’t even have yarmulkes >.> What kinda tragedy is this??

1 Like

bump

1 Like

2 Jewish characters from my unpublished story: (I won’t show all of them):

3 Likes

Awesome!! What are their roles in the story? Either of them an MC or supporting characters? What’s their personality like? :smiley: - What kind of Jew are they? ^^

If Yarmulkes were available, would he wear one?