Some sounds won't work when I play my own story

Hi! So here’s the problem: I’m currently writing my own story and there are a few sound and music effects
The point is, if I preview my story while writing it everything works perfectly, I can hear every sound or music effect… but when I play my story on the app (whether I’m using my phone or my tablet) some sounds just won’t work, like they’re not even there!
I can’t understand what’s the problem, please help me

3 Likes

Do you have an iPhone? And did you switch on/off the sounds in the app and on the phone (the switch off/on button on the side of the iPhone)? If yes, that can be a reason.
If not, then the next question is - if that applies to music or sounds? or just both randomly work or not? :hugs:

that’s happened to me before too! it’s so weird, i can’t hear the music/sounds sometimes when I’m reading it on the app, but usually if you exit the story and reload it again I think you should be able to hear it

1 Like

No I don’t have an IPhone. By the way, the music effects work perfectly both in preview and when I play the story on my phone… The problem is about sounds

1 Like

I tried but it stays the same😭

Maybe it’s a volume problem? Like the music is way louder than the sound?

Send me the link to your story and i will tell you if i am able to hear the music and sounds.
Also send me the ss of the sounds you are using!

I do have exactly the same problem! I play on an android phone. Everything works perfectly when I preview my story on my pc, but as soon as I try it on my phone just a few sounds and music will play. It randomly skips some. I tried to disable and enable sound effects and even updated the app, but it’s still the same.
So you are not alone with this problem.

2 Likes

Would this be the repeating sound bug? The first time it plays the sound you can hear it but play it again anywhere else in the episode and you hear nothing.

If it’s that bug, you’ll have to put “sound off” in your code somewhere after playing the sound and then it can play again.

You can test it with this example:

volume sound 50 0
sound phone_vibrate_text
@pause for 1.6
sound off
@pause for 0.01
sound phone_vibrate_text
@pause for 1.6
sound off
@pause for 0.01
sound phone_vibrate_text
@pause for 1.6