Someone help me with my choices!

Even though I wrote ‘gain wrong_way’ it still does the ‘if right_way’ thing. I’ve tried everything but everytime I it just does it even though it should play the ‘elif wrong_way’ Someone help!

@Apes
@JemU776
@Jade.epi

1 Like

What does the error say?

After if, it should be else since it’s a two question choice

if (right_way){
stuff in here
}
else {
this would be wrong way
}

1 Like

it doesn’t say there is an error. it just isnt working im so confused!

oh wait, yeah ill try else i completly ignored that for some reason lol

when i put else, it says there is an error?

Else need to be on its own, but you don’t really need to put this coding if it’s just after a choice, you can write those scenes inside the choice

1 Like

omg it just worked! thank you so much I’ve had so many issues with trying to fix this! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :heart:

1 Like

wait, when i preview on laptop it works but when i preview it on my iphone on the app it doesnt?

What is not working?

when i preview it on my phone the choice ‘left’ still takes me to the ‘if wrong_way’ instead of going to ‘else’ which is where it is supposed to go

Did you try resetting your gains?

Here’s how to:

1 Like

omg i haven’t. i’ll try now!

okay so when I make them blue, they work. but if I close the app and do the choice again it doesnt work. does this mean it will still work for the reader, since they read the choice once, or it is not working overall?

Yep, if you code it correctly, it will work for the reader. You will have to test your story multiple times by resetting everything to make sure the story runs smoothly but your readers don’t need to worry about this.

ok great. thank you! :slight_smile:

No problem :smile: :purple_heart:

1 Like