Someone stole my edit and used it for their story

@Sydney_H please remove if categorised incorrectly as there isn’t really an appropriate category for this topic.

Recently, someone told me that someone else used my art for their cover on Episode. It’s just an edit, but it’s still my work. It had a watermark but the person cropped it out. I have reported the story multiple times and left fanmail on the story but I have not gotten a reply back.

I don’t even like the thing I did, but I didn’t give permission for the person to use this.

Does anyone know what I should do? Should I just leave it as it isn’t a big deal (I don’t do art for living or get paid off it)

4 Likes

it IS a big deal. U have worked your butt of the edit, report that person, find that person. He/She doesn’t have the right to take off your watermark. That is YOUR work, not theirs.

6 Likes

I reported their story, but I don’t think you can report the actual account

2 Likes

I’ve tried everything I can. I fanmailed the person twice, and was nice - stating that they could have at least asked permission and they obviously got it from my topic on the forums.

3 Likes

do u know the person story name?

1 Like

the nerve of some people :rage:

3 Likes

Yea, the person is called Indy.onah on the episode app, and the story is called “Emerie”

1 Like

@darryl_daddy since this is a topic regarding something to do with Episode, the Episode Fan Community section is the correct place to create it. For more info on where to correctly create threads on the forums please review our forum tutorial as creating topics in the wrong category violates the forum rules. :smiley:

Can you please submit a ticket to our support team with details regarding who used the image, where it was used, attachment of the image as well as any other details you feel would help. Thanks!

4 Likes

4 Likes

wow…:woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

for anyone curious as to what story it is

1 Like

There is nothing else to discuss in this thread as we have already provided you with the route to take to have this resolved. Thanks! :grin: