Something about Maryland, please? 😊

I’m currently working on a new story and I thought it might be a good idea to choose a specific state in the USA :thinking:, so I spent 10 minutes on randomizing a state. :sweat_smile: And the result was Maryland! But I don’t live in the USA (Or close to it…)… So I have no idea about the climate, landscapes and else… And I’m not so sure if it’s the best idea to trust Google completely.
So I though maybe I can find some people from there, who might can help me! :hugs:
To be a little more specific, my plan is that my story takes place in somewhere close to Baltimore!

If you come from there or from a state close/next to Maryland could you please tell me something about the climate, landscapes and else? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :pleading_face:

You can also tag people who are living/have lived there and can possibly help me! :hugs:

3 Likes

Personally I’m from England but if you’d like I can ask a close friend to answer a few questions since she spent a while in Florida (USA) (:

I may be wrong but I think @millywrites21 may be American (I’m not sure which state she’s from exactly though) (:

1 Like

Thanks for the offer, and I might sound a little picky now but Florida and Maryland are quite far away from each (about 900 miles :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Okay (:

I wouldn’t know how far away from each other they are since I’ve never been to the USA myself :joy:

1 Like

I know some things about Maryland! My dad is from there and we visit every now and then!

1 Like

That’s great!
Could you please tell me something about the climate there? And are there any interesting landscapes there? And possible some other details, which might be good to know?

So I’ve only been there during winter once and it was very cold and windy! Winters is completely different then it is in the city I live in!

During the summer it’s humid but it depends on the day because last summer when we went down there it was just average weather then the next day it was hot lol.

I don’t know any landscapes because when we go down there we just hang out at my grand parents house, or visit where my father used to live!

1 Like

An interesting fact is Baltimore is Maryland biggest city!

1 Like

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

No problem! :heartbeat:

1 Like

It is STINKING COLD in Maryland!!! It snows SO much! I’ve done my research :upside_down_face::wink:

2 Likes

https://sos.maryland.gov/mdkids/Pages/Famous-Facts-About-Maryland.aspx

That’s a link to learn about Maryland

2 Likes

Moved to General Chat. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! :hugs:

1 Like

Hey! I don’t know too much about Maryland but my uncle and his family lives there and I’ve been there a couple times (tho it’s been awhile :joy:)

I know Maryland has some really interesting coastlines, the Chesapeake Bay area is really pretty :heart:
And I personally really like the design of Maryland’s state flag :joy:

2 Likes

Between being on the Mason-Dixon and global warming, weather’s weird. This past winter was pathetic. Snowstorms one day and 78° the next; I kid you not :skull:

Other than that, like most states, the atmosphere just depends on where you are. I’m about equal distance between farmland and city so I see a lot.

2 Likes

I do know Johns Hopkins University is in Maryland. It has an 11% acceptance rate, so it s hard to get into.

2 Likes

I ma’am, am from Maryland, you have any questions

1 Like

The weather is so bipolar, it was warm sometime this week, either Tuesday or Wednesday I believe

2 Likes

I know this might be a weird question, but is Maryland also one of those states where blizzards or other things like that happen often?