Something Different That Isn't Used A Lot

I need some help trying to find a new troop to use. Like how u have the LI with the MC as his/her new lover, and the ex always trying to break them up, and tries to get back with the LI etc. What else can I use besides that one? Hm. Something else that can cause the MC and their LI to end their relationship.

4 Likes

It depends on your story, maybe their parents don’t like their relationship and break them up? Maybe they fight a lot and wanted to break up, or someone in the relationship is going through a bad time and wants to break up for personal reasons?

4 Likes

Those are good ideas, keep going. Because I’m still trying to come up with a good conflict. Character Vs. Character, conflict.

2 Likes

Well I don’t have anything else in mind unfortunately, but I’ll let you know when I do.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks for your help!

1 Like

There could be a misunderstanding or some miscommunication between the couple that leads them to break up, though that is also a kind of cliche trope to use…

Is it possible for a bit of context? Like what genre your story is and why you want them to break up?

3 Likes

I love cliches. :sunglasses:

LGBTQ+, Fantasy, Romance, Adventure, and hmm, I want the LI to find out for himself, about the MC, his past love, and seeing the mistake that he made about the break up. Like he was wrong to break up with the MC without knowing the truth. I don’t want to go very detailed to spoil because it isn’t published yet.

3 Likes

Maybe they are better off friends, maybe the relationship just isn’t what they should be in, or maybe some outside force keeps them apart, like long distance. Maybe LI or MC emotionally cheats.

2 Likes

Ooh, sounds interesting! I do love me some fantasy and adventure stories.

Maybe for miscommunication, the love interest thinks the MC is wanting to break up with him or misunderstands something that’s said and thinks they are breaking up with him, so the love interest behaves distantly. This leads the MC to think that the love interest wants to break up with them. Maybe then the love interest learns more about the MC’s backstory and realizes why it led him to believe the MC wanted to break up with him.

Cliche, but a classic.

3 Likes

Ooh! I know, maybe MC is hanging with someone alot and LI feels like MC is getting too close to the other person, thus miscommunication and a breakup until LI let’s MC explain and realized why they were wrong all along.

2 Likes

Nice :coffee: . I like these ideas. Keep going if u got more. XDDD

3 Likes

I feel like its always his ex, how about it being hers for once.

Or maybe not an ex at all a completly new Girl who crush on him. Who try to break them up

2 Likes

It could be a more internal issue between them. Rather than another character outside of the relationship wrecking it, maybe one of the two aren’t ready for where things are going.

Perhaps emotional issues from one’s past is standing in their way. They can’t overcome it easily, and so it puts a strain on their happiness and their partner realises that they can’t fix that issue for them. So they take a break/break up, allowing time for that character to fix themself.

Maybe they both want different things. He/She might want children and their partner might not. So they could split up, and maybe later get back together when they talk things out and decide together that they love one another enough that they change their mind, and want/don’t want kids.

Could be emotional immaturity. One takes life very seriously, the other is like a big kid. It causes friction and then they have a blowout and break up. Whilst alone again, they each work on their issues, and see the value in one another’s perspectives.

2 Likes