Something isn't working

I do it all the time. The problem is that the overlay won’t go to the default position. I think the black background is a different size than a normal background? But if you zoom out, you’ll see it.
I just tested it with the selfie overlay and it’s definitely there =)

…I believe you. I’m just a bit sceptical because I’ve seen a lot of code OGs say that it’s not possible and I’ve tried it sooo many times. Maybe if you make a detailed guide?

INT. BLACK - NIGHT with SELFIE FEMALE 4 to .009 -8 -14 in zone 1

Magic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But notice how much I had to scale it? Overlays definitely do work on the black BG though, you just need to fiddle with them a lot more.

1 Like

So it just ends up being ginormous?? Omgosh!
Incredible!

I will be sharing this with others! Thanks for the help

1 Like

Yeah and normally north-east of zone 1 lol. I find custom overlays often have the same issue (on any background, not just the black one).
No problem! :blush:

1 Like

going to test it

yay it works thank you !!!

1 Like

We learning something new every day! :slight_smile: Thank you

1 Like

No problem! =)

No problem! These forums are great for learning things like this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I can’t even remember how I figured it out but I’ve been using overlays on a back background since before we could upload our own.

wait how do i change the month and date on that overlay
cause its winter at night in my story and it says april at 2 pm lol

You can’t change that as it’s part of the image. You’d need to upload your own overlay.

how would i upload my own with a certain time and month

I would save a copy of that overlay and then go into some editing program ( I like pixlr.com) and erase the current date and time and put in my own. Make sure you save it as a PNG.
Personally, I don’t even pay attention to that lol. I had no idea what the time was on that overlay :joy:

1 Like

Closing due to one month of inactivity :slight_smile: