Something wrong with the art catalog

Every time I open the art catalog to for example find an animation my Mac starts making weird sounds, and it heats up. (I use safari) like I am concerned that it might have been or can be broken if I continue searching for animations… I have no idea if this problem is fixable or not, but I really hope so.

I already know that I can’t use the web preview, because the fans go like crazy but at least I can use my phone for that problem…

You need to use Google Chrome.

When I use Chrome it gets even worse.

1 Like

submit a ticket to the team.

Ever since I started (about a month ago), I’ve found the animations catalog to be heavy on my laptop (I have a very good laptop, but it still activates the fans when almost nothing else does).

You can try submitting a ticket as Lana said, but I think the weight of loading so many images at once is what bogs your laptop down. :s

When I want to avoid making my laptop wheeze, I search animations up in the library along the side bar. Doesn’t work as well when I’m not sure what I want, but it’s something. :s

2 Likes

Thanks a lot. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

mine used to do that when i used explorer. my keyboard would skip letters while typing, it would get overheated, glitch, and make sounds. i thought i had a virus on my laptop because i could never fix what was going on… i started using google chrome and i haven’t had any problems since. if you used google chrome and it didn’t work, it may not be your computer, it could be the actual website itself but i’m not sure. have you tried restarting/resetting your computer? if you have and it didn’t work id just contact episode by filing a support ticket. maybe they can fix it.

I have a gaming laptop and it’s brand new (I use chrome) and it’s exactly the same, fans working really loud and it’s get hot after some time.

I think it’s just the way they did it, all these animations are loading at once.

3 Likes

Yeah I have tried to restart it.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve noticed that the portal can be a bit overbearing for my laptop even on chrome (I also have a mac) and the fan gets super loud :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I think there’s not much you can do, just have as few applications and tabs open while you’re writing, that’s what I do :)) it helps

Pull up task manager and check to make sure you don’t have any apps running in the background. Also go to startup tab on the task manager window and disable any programs that have a high usage amount. That might cut down on the overload your fan is having.