Sound does not work

Hey,
so, unfortunately, my sound isn’t working most of the time.

Here an example of my script:
EXT. DOWNTOWN STREET LOOP - DAY
@zoom on 0 0 to 100% in 0
@LIANA spot 0.423 166 253
@LIANA moves to layer 2
@LIANA starts walk_neutral_loop
sound ext_citystreet_quiet2

@speechbubble is 159 278 to 100%
NARRATOR (LIANA)
Hi, I’m Liana and I’m 25 years old.

Maybe someone has an idea how to fix it? :blush:

2 Likes

Wait is it on a phone or computer?

If it’s on a phone it’s possible you need have turned your silent mode on. If you turn it off you should be able to hear sounds

have you made sure so set the volume of the sound? :blob_hearts: :blob_sun:

Yes, I tried both. Some sounds are also working, like a phone that rings and so on.

You mean in the script? Or on my device? :relaxed:

in the script like this:

volume music 50 0

the first number is the volume and the second number is the time it takes to fade into! :blob_sun: :blob_hearts:

Ah ok, I didn’t know about that, I will try it, thank you. :revolving_hearts: What volume is recommended?

1 Like

I think 100 is probably the max? Here’s the link to the joseph evans tutorial I watched! :blob_hearts: :blob_sun:

1 Like

Thank you for your help so far! :slight_smile:
I’ve watched the video and tried it with the volume code, without the volume code, with silent mode on and with silent mode off and it’s still not working…
I also checked the story on the Writer Portal again and it is working there.

Other stories in the app are working, by the way.

For sound, it shouldn’t be volume music. That is only for music.

sound ext_citystreet_quiet2
volume sound 100 0

You mean you got multiple sounds in your script and no sounds are played when you preview it on the app?

Yes, exactly!

You can try resetting the sound every time you use a sound. This method works for me.
Be sure to add the code in, reset the progress in the app before running it.
So it will be like:

sound …
volume sound 100 0
sound off

-Next scene-
sound …
volume sound 100 0
sound off

2 Likes

If you still don’t hear the sound even after using the “volume music 100 0” command, then it’s probably a glitch! Happened to me way too many times. :pensive::raised_back_of_hand:

Thank you, I will try it :relaxed:

Yeah, that’s what I thought…How long does it usually take to work again? :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I’m not really sure honestly, some readers may hear the sound while you still can’t while previewing, so I’m not aware if there’s a solution to this atm.