Sound effects opinions

Hi! I’m currently writing a story and was wondering whether you prefer a story with sound effects and music, or without.

5 Likes

I like when a story has some sound effects and music. Of course don’t drag it out or else I’ll click outta the story.

But anyways, it adds to funny moments, yah know? Or when the door closes etc etc etc :dancer::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

i dont have sound/music on. i always play my music while reading episode so it doesnt matter much to me

2 Likes

I don’t mind either way.
I generally read with my sound turned off anyways.

1 Like

Thank you! Very helpful. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Good to know! Makes writing a lot easier. :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you! Really useful. :grin:

1 Like

Tbh. I’m partially deaf so I could care less for sounds :rofl::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I personally don’t like to read with sound effects because it distracts me. I turn down my volume on the phone if the story has music/sound effects.

2 Likes

Thank you! Good to know lots of people have the same opinion. :upside_down_face:

Thank you! Quite a few people have been saying they don’t like the sounds either. :blush:

2 Likes

I prefer them without sound, I read with my sound turned off. Some authors (including me) make playlist for their story so people can listen while they read, I found that way cooler than episode music.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ll be sure to make a playlist. :grin:

I do direct my own stories with sound and music. It can really add to the comedic value or set the tone/mood for a creepy or sad scene, etc.

Though a well written and directed story doesn’t necessarily need sound to convey these tones. Books don’t have audible sound effects :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you! I’ll keep that in mind. What’s the name of your story?

1 Like

My comedy is Confessions of a Female Jock

My mystery is The Ace of Spades

1 Like

O m g

1 Like

I love that story, the first one you mentioned :rofl::two_hearts:

1 Like

I love to read stories with sound effects and music. Sometimes, if someone is knocking on a door in a story and the author just puts knock knock it really irritates me :joy: I like it when people put the sounds. Also, sometimes when you add music to scenes it makes a bigger impact. For example, when a sad scene comes on without music I don’t really cry or anything but as soon as the sad music comes on I’m sobbing :sob:

2 Likes

I think having them enhances the story. Especially if you’re writing an action, comedy, or horror story I highly suggest it. I mean otherwise you can add it, but if you really don’t want to, it’s not a big deal.
I find it something I add naturally because that’s what I would prefer as the reader, but not everybody is the same lol

2 Likes