Sound in stories, is it a dealbreaker?

What is your oppinion about stories with background music and sound? Because, personally, adding background music is the worst part of writting, although I like adding sound (like a door slaming)

• If the story doesn’t have background music and sound, I don’t read it (dealbreaker)
  • I like stories with background music and sound, but it’s not a dealbreaker for me
  • I preffer stories with sound and I don’t care if there is background music
  • I don’t care if there is background music and sound or not
  • I like stories without background music and sound, but it’s not a dealbreakers
  • I can’t read stories with background music and sound (dealbreaker)

0 voters

1 Like

Personally, I don’t really care about sound. If the story is good, then it’s good that make me don’t even realize that it has no sound.

I don’t really like it when a story has too many excessive sound anyway (like the idk what it’s called, the music whenever a hot dude or a hot girl appear, ykwim)

7 Likes

New option: I have my iPad with sound down and refuse to listen to it as I see it pointless in a story where characters can’t talk verbally

3 Likes

I totally agree w u!

I honestly just don’t like noise in stories at all, I find it distracting. But it’s not a deal-breaker, I can control that on my end.

1 Like

I don’t care. I never have my volume on anyway.

3 Likes