Spanish culture!

Hey :wave:

I’m building a Spanish character and I realised I know nothing about the culture. I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me about it.

Here are some prompt questions to help:

• What is your usual daily routine??
  • What dose a typical Spanish person look like??
  • Any festivals or parties that other cultures don’t hold??
  • Any other info you thing may be useful?

Thank you!

3 Likes

are usuall ruitine has a lot of working and cleaninmg for girls for boys it just work

weveryone looks diffrent some people can be light and some can be dark but ill tell you what spanish people age like fine wine

well ik quince for girls andthe day of the dead

they work hard and dont rlly take anything from anyone espesially girls

also most of us are taough spanish at a young age

4 Likes

Yes!! totally agree, I can also to add what a Quinceañera is…
A quinceañera is a celebration of a girl’s 15th birthday. It has cultural roots in Mexico and Southern Europe and is widely celebrated by girls throughout Latin America. The girl celebrating her 15th birthday is a quinceañera. they usually wear really beautiful big dresses sort of like a princess dress.

and yes most of us are taught Spanish at a young age, Spanish was my first language

EDIT: I know not all Spanish cultures are like this, I’m Mexican and we have pretty wild parties with loud music, alcohol and kids running around, and they sometimes last all night long

3 Likes

Spanish culture is so incredibly widespread that there isn’t really one answer to any of your questions haha. One thing I’ve learned is that a lot of Spanish-speaking countries have a pretty solid party culture and celebrate more religious holidays than Americans do. Also the vast majority of Latinos (especially Spaniards) are Christian/Catholic.

1 Like

It depends on the age of the person’s daily routine, some people work, study, have fun, etc.

What does a Mexican person look like, like any other person in the world, usually there are people who are very short in height, it is very rare that there are tall women, but the times when you get to see them it is something amazing. Men are tall (some) but it is rare or funny to find someone small in stature.

In parties anything is celebrated like communion, baptism, but especially quinceañeras, there will always be one especially on weekends, as people have more time to rest (not work.)
Talking about cultures, everything is celebrated, Independence Day, the day of the Virgen of Guadalupe, Día de Muertos (not Halloween), Christmas, Nochebuena, New Year, Día de Reyes, the mariachis are well known because they sing when it is your birthday, it is always with guitars, etc. And there are more traditions, everything has a meaning but it’s too long to explain, we also celebrate or drink just because, there doesn’t have to be something to celebrate.

If you want something else, like food or so, just tell me and I’ll be happy to tell you. It’s worth mentioning that I am Mexican.:pinching_hand:t3:

it also celabreates a girl being a virgin for the firts 15 years

im from PR and im having mine next year and have been planning it for 2 years to save the money for it honesly

Wtf, where did you get that from?:woman_facepalming:t3: Virginity is something else here, we NEVER get to celebrate. I don’t know where you got your information about quinceañeras, but it’s a big party, and it’s the girl’s day. And yes, it takes too much money to celebrate.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m sorry but I’ve never heard of that ever! at least not in my family.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of that either tbh .

@Catniss @Marysol.Episode @phoenix.brunet it has to do with my riligon and my family uses a sweet 15 as a reward for saving it for that long as my grandparents have certin customs

1 Like

its not just a party tho there is so much more to it like going to church before your party and being blessed or passing down the crown or last doll to the next quince or little sister

acctually back in the days at least where im from it used to be a day were parents would have there doughter look for potenial husbands in spanish culters its to cignefi becoming a women hence the changing of the shoes

Okay, I see…
sorry I just wasn’t familiar with anything like that, nor have I heard of that

It may be like that for you, but every family is different

1 Like

yes every spanish culture is diffrent my quince is done a porta ricain way then as a mexican family might do it or a cuban family

1 Like

I won’t talk about religions or anything like that. But just because your family is like that doesn’t mean that’s the tradition.

1 Like

i didnt say it was

i said it also celebrates sorry for not knowing thst mexican cultre doesnt do that damn

for some people it is trudition

@phoenix.brunet
@Marysol.Episode
@Catniss

not saying google is always right but proves atleast some of my point

No, it is not like that. I am saying it because I am Mexican. And that’s not tradition, it’s not even called tradition, it’s more of a celebration. I’m not saying it in a bad way but if you want to know more you could watch videos where they explain all the cultures here in Mexico.

like i said it is for me it doesnt have to be for anyone else MY family calls it tradition here because of were my family comes from and ik your customs are diffrent