Speech bubbles help :(

Hi everybody! So I’m currently writing a story and I just can’t figure out why my speech bubbles won’t stay the size I selected. What am I doing wrong? I even add @speechbubble reset after each dialogue…

Here’s an example (they’re talking on the phone):

@speechbubble is 107 269 to 70% with tail_top_right

MARA (talk_phone_angry_loop)
Hailey, I swear to God, if you tell me to hurry up I'll-

@speechbubble reset

&HAILEY is talk_afraid THEN MARA is listen_phone_sigh

@speechbubble is 83 316 to 58% with tail_top_right

HAILEY
Woah, can you relax? Should I remember you that I'm the one who has to take your sorry ass to college?

@speechbubble reset

@speechbubble is 107 269 to 70% with tail_top_right

MARA (talk_phone_neutral_loop)
Sorry, Lee. It's just that this whole thing is kinda nerve-racking for me, you know?

@speechbubble reset

@speechbubble is 83 316 to 58% with tail_top_right

@MARA is listen_phone_confused
HAILEY
Yes, I know. You made sure to tell me this at least fifteen times in the last 24 hours.
HAILEY
You just need to stop overthinking it, buttercup. I’ll be there if any guy tries hitting on you!

@speechbubble reset

1 Like

Have you tried refreshing when you preview the story? Where are you viewing it?

Try only putting @speechbubble reset once, at the very end of the conversation when you want it to go back to normal. You can switch back & forth between the zoom sizes for the characters talking without having to type reset each time.

3 Likes

Since they’re talking back and forward and you’re changing their bubbles constantly, don’t overuse the speechbubble rest command too much.

Both on my phone and PC… And yes, way too many times :rofl:

Still doesn’t work… I’m starting to think that maybe it’s my phone’s/PC fault?

Are they in different places? Because I noticed you’re using tail_top_right, so they’re in different places?

It really might be… /: or just a lag or something? Because you’ve coded it perfectly so it SHOULD work. I know the same thing’s happened to me before & it just won’t work, but then when I replay that part in my script a few days later it’s suddenly fine /:

1 Like

I just added this in my story & it’s working fine /:

The constant readjusting the speech bubbles is just time consuming & frustrating, sometimes it doesn’t work right away, it’s a lot of moving around & starting over

2 Likes

Thank you either way! Maybe it’s because my script is a bit messy :sweat_smile: I’ll try to arrange everything like you did!

1 Like

They are… Maybe it’s because my characters are shorter than the standard height so basically they’re further away from the screen? So as a consequence, the speech bubble becomes smaller?

I think it might be your character’s placement.