Split Screen During Phone Call?

So I wanted to make a phone call with two people–one standing in front of a mirror and another in a car. Here are the backgrounds I’d like to use:

INT. ICE BATH GRANDMAS BATHROOM - NIGHT

EXT. CITY HIGHWAY LOOP - DAY

How would I make these split-screen? Also, I would like to use overlays.

2 Likes

OH! I know someone who does those!!!

@Danielle318 has a thread, I think, but IDK…

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@NaturallyK I’d love to help you!

Can you please clarify that for me? What do you mean? One of the background will slide in?

1 Like

You chose which background to make it as overlay, and you could shifts it like you wanted

1 Like

Yes, I would like the highway background to slide into the phone call. I have a mirror overlay in the bathroom background, so I don’t know if that’ll make a difference.

(P.S., sorry for not replying, I was busy with finals.)

1 Like

Also, I would like the highway background to be a loop with a car.

1 Like

Okay. If you have another overlay it might be a little hard.

Hmm. Well I wanted the opening scene to be of a girl in the mirror with a reflection, so I used a mirror overlay. And the phone call would be from someone riding in a car. I can change it up if you need?

1 Like

Yeah.

Alright.

1 Like

Sorry it took so long. The backgrounds I wanna use are INT. ICE BATH GRANDMAS BATHROOM - NIGHT and INT. BATHROOM - DAY. I want the INT. BATHROOM - DAY to slide into the grandma bathroom, because the scene starts off with that. I also have a mirror overlay in grandma’s bathroom.

1 Like

Okay. Can you take a picture of your grandma’s background(in the right zone without a character and the overlay and give me the overlay separately)?

Sure.

1 Like

mir

1 Like

I made the mirror overlay transparent so I could have a reflection of the character in the scene.

1 Like

Which one is the overlay?

The one on top is the overlay. It goes in the mirror.

1 Like

Wait, actually can I have a picture of it in the right zone without the characters but with the overlay and background in use(if that makes since).

Yeah, I think I understand what you’re saying. Here let me get it.

1 Like