Spot Directing Help Wanted!

Hey! I’m very new to episode. I’ve watched so many tutorials on Spot Directing but none of the have worked so far. What I’m trying to do is make my character a little bit shorter for the whole story because she taller than her ‘love interest.’ The code is:
NARRATOR
Luca and I have been inseparable since we were 9 years old.

@ANDREA spot 1.216 161 -1 in zone 1

@ANDREA enters from left to screen center AND ANDREA is walk_neutral AND LUCA enters from left to screen left

@ANDREA faces left AND ANDREA is idle_sad_serious_loop

… Please help if you can!

1 Like

The problem here is that you first make Andrea stand in one specific spot and directly after that she enters the screen which doesn’t really make sense. You can try this:

@ANDREA enters from left to spot 1.216 161 -1 AND ANDREA is walk_neutral AND LUCA enters from left to screen left

@ANDREA faces left AND ANDREA is idle_sad_serious_loop

1 Like

Let me know if it works how you wanted it to work, if not, feel free to dm me :blue_heart:

Take a moment to read through this guide

From that guide:

Entering the Scene with a Specific Scale Size:​

• Using “enters from” makes the character enter at the default size, so if you want them to enter at a specific height, you must first place your character at a spot offscreen with the size you want them to be at.
    • Remember, the x coordinate needs to be less than 0 to be offscreen to the left, and more than 320 to be offscreen to the right.
    • Or you can just place them in a different zone
  • Then have them walk to whichever spot you want them to go to with the same scale size and the same y coordinate.

Example:

@CHARACTER spot 0.98 -100 130 in zone 2 at layer 3
@CHARACTER walks to spot 0.98 125 130 in zone 2 in 5

2 Likes

Hi if you switch from simple directing to spot directing it is necessary to do so also in walking command because the simple directing always resets the size of the character to the 1.280

So if you spot direct you have to stop using “enters from left” type of command because this as mentioned above will reset the character to the standard size

You have to spot the character ofscreen and than use “walks to spot” instead.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! This helps a lot xx ( I also love your templates btw <3

hey maybe i’m just slow and missed it but can you help me with spotting a character before another character enters, like for example, I have a doctors appointment and they’re receptionist is inside behind her desk, how do I spot her behind the desk?

sorry if i’m not making sense if you don’t understand I can be more in detail!

if you want the character to be on scene from start just spot him using &

BACKGROUND
&CHAR1 spot… (the receptionist who is already in the scene)
@CHAR2 spot… (the ofscreen who will walk in)
@CHAR walks to spot…

1 Like

tysm x

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.