Spot directing problems

Normally I write stories on my phone so I have problems with spot directing can someone help me

Have you watched the Joseph Evans tutorials? They’re always super helpful

Link to INK directing tutorials

Link to INK spot directing tutorial

Link to LL directing tutorials

LL placing characters tutorials

* The INK spot directing tutorial works for LL too :wink:

I write on my phone my computers bad

1 Like

So you use your internet browser on your phone to write?

Yes

Oh alright so are you asking for help understanding spot directing or do you want someone to do the spot directing for you? Sorry Just a bit confused

Both

1 Like

It is a bit hard to explain, so here is a good thread that explains it.

First off, put your character in a scene
INT. BLUE - DAY
@CHARACTER1 stands screen center.

Then, preview the story on the web previewer (or on your mobile). On the side, there should be a button that says “Directing Help”. Click that, and then more buttons should pop up. Click the one that says “Spot Helper”. Then, make sure you have the character selected (is should come up in the corner). Click and drag (or just drag if you are doing it on mobile preview) your character to where you want to be. There should be an option, scale or (another one I can’t remember the name of). Click it to change it back and forth. Change back and forth between the two, until the character is where you want them to be. Then, copy the numbers. It should be something like
@CHARACTER1 spot 1.280 136 2
I do recommend doing it on a laptop/computer because mobile can be awkward sometimes.

1 Like

Alright. Well I’m not much help with the second one considering spot directing is a painful process lol, but check out the link I posted to help explain it

Thanks

Thanks really helpful

1 Like