Spot directing :(

my spot directing isnt working for my character that enters the room and I dont know what the problem is. my script :

@cut to zone 2
@DEREK changes into work 1 derek
@DEREK spot 1.280 239 39 in zone 2
@DEREK moves to layer 1
@DEREK faces right and DEREK is listen_phone_eyeroll_disgusted
@cut to zone 1
@TRISTAN changes into Suit 1 men
@TRISTAN enters from left to screen center
@TRISTAN spot 1.335 157 12 in zone 1
@TRISTAN moves to layer 0
@LEANNE changes into Work outfit Leanne 1
@LEANNE enters from left to screen left
@TRISTAN is idle_armscrossed_shifteyes_loop and LEANNE is idle_awkward_scratch_loop
@cut to zone 2

You gave Tristan two directions. If you want @TRISTAN to enter just say spot #number from before he enters the scene (btw don’t put the zone number for this spot because it’s technically out of background but you can still put them there as long as you don’t put the zone number)and then write in the next line walks to spot 1.335 157 12 in zone 1

So basically
@TRISTAN changes into Suit 1 men
@TRISTAN spot #number
@TRISTAN walks to spot 1.335 157 12 in zone 1
etc…

Thank you!

1 Like

hey do you know how to slide characters like, when they are sliding down on a wall or something, i hope you get me

You need to have the character walk whilst doing an animation:
&CHAR walks to spot 1.000 100 100 in 2 AND CHAR does it while animation AND CHAR faces direction

wait so just that spot, or do i repeat spot, like i’m kind of confused, like i mean when you see a character sliding down the door

You don’t need to repeat it, here’s an example that I’d use for ink:
&CHAR spot 1.000 100 100 AND CHAR faces right AND CHAR starts cry_sob_loop
@pause for 2
&CHAR walks to spot 1.000 100 0 in 2 AND CHAR does it while cry_sob_loop AND CHAR faces right THEN CHAR faces right AND CHAR starts cry_sob_loop

Here my character will be crying on the spot. Then she/he will move to another spot whilst doing the cry animation, then when she/he stops, she/he will continue crying.

omg thank you so much! hugs :kissing_cat:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.