Spot placement help

For some reason on top of the overlay it keeps saying zone 0 and it’s not working,when I change it to the zone it’s in, the character disappears.
The code is
INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY with INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY at layer 1
@cut to zone 2
@SIN enters from left to screen right
@SIN spot 1.766 720 -95 in zone 2 at layer 2 AND SIN faces right
@SIN is idle_sit_armcrossed_unimpressed_loop

Is INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY a BG, or an overlay? On the portal it’s only an overlay so I’m unsure how you did that (if you uploaded your own BG), but you need a BG at the back so you can specify your zones. E.g. Some people do a looping background or terrain to make it look like the car is moving.

I would try not doing it in the name of the BG, but like this:

INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY (in this case, a proper BG, not ol, and you can specify loop speed here)
&cut to zone 2
&whatever zoom you want here

&overlay INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY create
&overlay INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY shifts to 0 0
&overlay INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY scales to 1.0 1.0
&overlay INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY rotates 0 anchor point 0.5 0.5
&overlay INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY to layer 1
&overlay INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY opacity 1

&SIN spot 1.766 720 -95 in zone 2 at layer 2 AND SIN faces right AND SIN is idle_sit_armcrossed_unimpessed_loop

Then move the overlay to where you want and copy the spot placements again. I hope I got what you needed!

I tried using it like that but instead the the seat part would be over the character,so I can’t put it a layer higher if you know what I mean

Just adjust the layers. Change the overlay to be layer 5 for example and SIN to be layer 6? I don’t think I understand what you mean. You already have the ol at layer 1 and sin at layer 2 anyway. Can I see your script?

So basically in the overlay there is like two different layers so the character is going behind the seat but In front of the rest of the overlay. I think the overlay is just weird

Oh okay, so are you using two overlays? One for the front seats and then one for the back where Sin is sitting on?

Nope just one overlay :sob: I don’t even know how it’s doing that but
When I add INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY with INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY at layer 2
It works properly.

Wait just to make things clear, you have a BG called INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY ? :sob:

It’s a overlay I got from the portal :sob:
Idek how I did that,if you search it up,it will show up

1 Like

Okay, it’s clear now. Like I said in my first message you can’t make an overlay a bg lol :sob:(unless you get that overlay and upload it as a background, which wont work bc its png) you have to use a bg, then an overlay which goes on top. that’s why it’s saying zone 0 afaik.

Edit: Okay, just tried it and yes, it says zone 0 because you dont have a background. you’re using the ol as your background. it just messes it up, its more simpler to have a background with your overlay

Like I said, most people use a looping bg at the back so it looks like the car is moving. Here, I did it for you :smile: just test it out and see how it goes! (ofc, you need to adjust the overlay to your liking and re-copy the code)

EXT. MOUNTAIN ROAD - DAY with loop speed 60
&cut to zone 2
&whatever zoom here or zoom reset

&overlay INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY create
&overlay INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY shifts to 0 0
&overlay INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY scales to 1.0 1.0
&overlay INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY rotates 0 anchor point 0.5 0.5
&overlay INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY to layer 1
&overlay INT. COMPACT CAR BACKSEAT BLACK - DAY opacity 1

&SIN spot 1.766 720 -95 in zone 2 at layer 2 AND SIN faces right AND SIN is idle_sit_armcrossed_unimpessed_loop

OHHH I GOT IT NOW!!! THANK YOU SMMMMMMMMM :heart:

1 Like

No problem!! GOODLUCK! :face_holding_back_tears: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like