Spot Walking (Walking w/Spot Direction)

How do you make a character enter from the right while they are spot directed please because when i use, @CHARACTER walks to spot X Y Z in zone 1 they always enter from the left.

Hi, I’m trying to make a character enter a scene and I’m using:
&MIYA enters from left to 1.280 59 10 in zone 3 at layer 1 AND MIYA does it while walk_talk_phone
but it says error and I don’t know how to fix it.

I recommend reading the thread again and carefully :blob_sun:

Anyways,

@CHAR spot 1.280 59 10 in zone 2 AND CHAR moves to layer 1

@CHAR spot 1.280 -100 10 in zone 3 AND CHAR moves to layer 1

@CHAR walks to spot 1.280 59 10 in zone 3 in 4 AND CHAR moves to layer 1 AND CHAR does it while walk_talk_phone

This is how I would do it, it should work.

I keep on getting this error my code is: @ARIA CAMPBELL enters from left to spot 1.262 151 -19 in zone 2 in 0.5 AND ARIA CAMPBELL does it while walk_neutral_loop
Ty in advance

I keep on getting this error my code: @ARIA CAMPBELL enters from left to spot 1.262 151 -19 in zone 2 in 0.5 AND ARIA CAMPBELL does it while walk_neutral_loop
Ty in advance

i wrote this:
@KELLY spot 0.242 300 387 in zone 2
@KELLY walks to spot 0.242 209 387 in zone 1 in T (this is the line with error)
@KELLY faces right

could someone kindly explain why this gives and error? thank you!!

I think you have to combine Aria and Campbell together?

I figured it out. I had to put her off screen then walk her to the spot ARIA and CAMPBELL was her whole name.

OH THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! I finally found what I needed :fireworks: :sparkler:

I’m very new and I am very late to this conversation. I am having the worst time trying to figure out how to maintain my Characters height as it exits. I’m not quite understanding it.

when the character exits, you can;t put “exits from screen right” you have to find another spot that’s out of the camera view and copy and paste that to your script.

i don’t know if my response that was clear enough, if you still don’t understand you could search up episode coding tutorials on youtube or other websites. i recommend Dara Amarie or Joseph Evans

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hey, I’m trying to maintain a specific height of my mc but after the scene ends it just gets back to the default height. Can anyone tell me what am I supposed to do in order to make my character have the same height in the whole story?

Hi! I’m having a bit of trouble. I’m trying to get the screen follow my character and I’m pretty sure my coding is correct but the screen doesn’t follow the character only she moves.

My code:
&pan to zone 1 in 2
@BELLA walks to spot 0.572 271 114 in zone 1 in 2 AND BELLA does it while walk_runway_loop

Can anyone help? Thanks so much! xx

works if you remove the “AND BELLA does it while walk_runway_loop”, so I’m thinking it’s the animation that breaks it ?
I’ve added the bit back and it still works, but I see no running :woman_shrugging:t2:
Again, I’m not exactly sure what walk_runway_loop is supposed to do :sweat_smile:

Thanks but I’ve just gave it a go and the camera still doesn’t follow! Thank you though

bump

bump

Is there such a code where you can also add on to this with a code on what direction the character is facing?
&SAMMY spot 1.280 87 0 in zone 3