Spot Walking (Walking w/Spot Direction)

Okay thank you, I will try that!

your welcome

The problem I am having is that the background I am using is only one zone

@episode.emma @CHAR enters from left/right to screen center AND CHAR exits right/left

1 Like

Okay thank you so much!

Please thank @Cassandra_Dean for telling me how to do this

@RudeInception Thank you so much for taking the time to create this for us. I really appreciate it to the uptmost. I’m at the scene where I’m trying to get the character to walk out of the door after she has engaged in a conversation with another character and wants the character to follow her out the door. I have gotten the hang of the whole spot directing phase when getting the character to walk to his or her position. The only problem is, I want my character to look as if she is actually walking out of the door. So would it be just @character spot 0.890 244 155 in zone 1
@character walks to spot 0.890 244 155 in zone 1 in T
@remove character or do I need to actually input something else in order for the character to look as if she is actually walking out the door?

Thanks for your kind words. I love the love. I will need to look at the scene just to be able to understand what you mean. Why don’t you go ahead and pm me the background your using.

1 Like

You’re welcome and I just messaged you.

Hi! so i’m just starting out episode and i don’t know what to do yet. how to you make the character enter and walk to a spot at the same time?

1 Like

What’s the spot command you’re using?

@CHAR enters from left to spot 1.280 235 9

That command isn’t valid. There is a certain way you can use an enter command and then follow it with a spot command. But since you’re character is up a bit higher, I recommend you put them offscreen and walk them into the zone rather than enter.
You’ll find that method on part 1 of this guide.

thanks! it worked!

Can someone help me out?

Nick is entering from zone 2 to the left side in zone 3, but whenever I use this coding, I get the warning sign saying to use @CHARACTER enters from from X to screen Y

@pause for 3
@NICK spot 1.177 100 44 in zone 2
@NICK enters from left to spot 1.177 75 44 in zone 3 in 2 AND NICK faces right AND NICK starts walk_neutral

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Hey so I updated my guide. So here’s the changes you should make to the code:

@pause for 3
@NICK spot 1.177 100 44 in zone 2
@NICK walks to spot 1.177 75 44 in zone 3 in 2 AND NICK faces right AND NICK starts walk_neutral

1 Like

Thank you!

Thank you! this is so useful.

What do you mean by “two points” for time?? I read what it said above and it said something about 0.1-infinite, what does that mean??

I mean point A and B.
Where the character is (point A) to where the character ends up after walking (point B).