Spot Walking (Walking w/Spot Direction)

thank you, I’ll give it a try!!

I am in need of assistance. I am trying to get my character to walk with box while going off screen. Then I want her to run from zone 1 to zone two. Every time I used the animation she is just running in place. Any help?

1 Like

For this you should use something like
@/A exits right and A is carrybox walk animation (sorry forgot the animation name)

For this
Place her in zone 1 left side then
&/A exits right and A is run
@cut to zone 2
&A enters from left to screen right ans A is run

Hope this works or else please let me know. @wittycoe

1 Like

Thank you I will try that now.

1 Like

bump :v:t2:

how do you enter onscreen without the height changing then going into the correct height

you need to place character offscreen first

1 Like

bump! :kissing:

This specific post has helped me TREMENDOUSLY!!! I go back and revisit this post daily. Being a noobie episode writer, I love that this amount of detailed instructions are available for people like myself to create quality scripts. Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Can someone help me with making my character smaller as they go up to bed? Here’s my script:
@YOU changes into Pajamas
@YOU is dustoff_neutral_loop
@YOU walks to spot 1.280 585 283
@YOU is sleep_lay_uncomfortable_loop
@YOU faces left
The character looks like its walking off the screen and then magically appears in the spot when I’m trying to make it go smaller so it doesn’t look as weird

In order to make a character smaller, you have to change their size (1.280) to a lower number.

How do you do that?

Do what?

Change the size

You touch the character and pinch it downwards to make it smaller and outward to make it bigger.

How do you set a default size for your characters? I’m trying to make the male taller and female shorter. Is there a way to do that without having to type the character’s size in every time you move or change scenes?

Welcome to the forums @LilyKira.epi :grin:

Unfortunately, there’s no way to set a default size. You need to spot direct them in every scene.

Okay, thank you! Why is the size not changing when I enter them into the coding? I’m doing what you’re supposed to do, but it’s not working,

Can you show your script?