Spotlight Format questions

Hello!

I have some questions for people to give feedback on about the spotlight format as I am considering making a story in it.

• Would you read a story in spotlight? Why or why not?

• Are you deterred from reading stories if you find out that they’re in spotlight?

• Have you read a story in spotlight before?

• Do you like cinematic or spotlight better?

You don’t have to answer all the questions, every answer helps though!

Honestly, no. I like to be able to see characters walking and doing something not just pop up.

• Are you deterred from reading stories if you find out that they’re in spotlight?

I mean I’ll give it a chance but I click out soon.

Yes, I have not all the way.

I prefer cinematic better.

Girl but this is your story, :point_up:t4::pleading_face:.

Do you!

2 Likes

Thank you for your input!

1 Like

Np!

1 Like

Agh I shouldn’t have posted this so late at night

Absolutely, some of my favourite stories are in spotlight. What I like the most about spotlight is how descriptive and creative authors can get when illustrating a scene, what the characters are doing, how the characters are behaving. Makes it a bit more immersive. Although, I do understand how difficult it would be to write a story in spotlight.

No, in fact, I’m more drawn to spotlight stories than cinematic.

Yes, a few. Just to name a couple; Devine, by Jia Grace. Loud, by Kay Elle. The Frontier, by Kay Elle.

I don’t prefer one over the other, but I would like to see some more spotlight stories.

1 Like

Thank you so much! And wow, I didn’t realize The Frontier was spotlight, it’s been sitting on my list for a while

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

Yes. There are some fantastically written stories that in spotlight and I would definitely regret avoiding for them just for them being in spotlight.
    Unfortunately, also yes. If I wanted to just read a story, I’d read a book. The backgrounds and characters alone do not satisfy my desire for a visual format. Since dialogue is everything with spotlight, authors have to work all that much harder to hook me within the first few lines.
    Though I was considered stopping reading it because it was in spotlight, I’m very happy I continued reading, “By the Book” by Amberose. It’s a great set of short mysteries. She uses tappable overlays well to create a fun, interactive experience.
    Definitely cinematic. While amazing directing cannot make up for an okay plot, part of the appeal of Episode as a platform for me is the directing.
1 Like

Thank you for your input! I too like Amberose’s By The Book, I think it’s very well-directed.

1 Like
    Totally. I dont see why not.
    Nah, as long as the plot/grammar is good; spotlight doesnt prevent me from reading it.
    I cant remember the names (it’s been a while since ive read episode stories) I believe By the Book is spotlight and theres another one…needless, they were both good stories.
    I dont have a preference. Cinematic is good for more “visual” stories however, spotlight is great for authors that want to focus more on the dialogue. while that might be awkward on an app like Episode(a visual storytelling app); I dont mind it.
1 Like

Thank you so much for your input!

1 Like
    I love spotlight. I’d definitely read it, cause usually with that format it allows you to be able to focus on the story rather than the directing. And besides, it feels smoother.
    No, if I find out a story I found interesting was in spotlight I’d still read it. It’s not a problem tbh
    Yes, the frontier, is a spotlight story and it’s incredible.
    Since I’m used to cinematic, I’ll choose that. But spotlight is fine. I don’t have a preference.
1 Like

Thank you for your input! I do agree with you, The Frontier is an incredible story.

1 Like