SPOTTING-The key to spotting

Hey Guys,
If there was one thing that was THE most awful and time-consuming thing to do-- it would have to be spotting. I remember when the first time I spotted someone–it took me legit so many hours! It always seems that there is a glitch or something with the spotting or something-- until I realized that it was just me screwing my self up because I used the wrong functions and now my character is off camera.
To prevent this, here is what you need to know:

Before you have to spot, you can use these positions:

As you know, there are these positions: Screen right, Screen left, and Screen center

You probably know this already, and if you don’t, then these are like the default spots kind of.
It’s the spot that the computer automatically places you to when you write your story.

You might know this too, but there are several more positions you can have: Upscreen right, upscreen left, and upscreen center. You can have back right, back left, back far left, and back far center.

Try it out with–@PERSON stands back far right --for example.

Those tricks can come in handy more than you think, you’d be surprised.

IF that doesn’t work, you can always spot.
Here is an example:
@PERSON spot 0. 222 333 444

The first number (222) controls the size. Right now the character would be REALLY small. Make the number bigger to make your character bigger. The size doesn’t stop at 999, by the way. You can change the zero to a 1 at the beginning. So, if you want your character to be really big, do 1. 222 333 444. That always works too.

The second number (333) controls your height. Right now, the character should be pretty high off the ground. Make the character closer to the ground by making the number bigger.

The third number (444) controls your position on the camera (left, right etc). Right now, the character is pretty centered (rightish). Make the number bigger if you want the character closer to the left and make the number smaller if you want your character even more to the right.

REMEMBER: THIS IS TRIAL AND ERROR! THIS COULD TAKE MANY TRIES TO GET YOUR EXACT SPOT!!!

BUT

An easy way to spot faster is to use the directing helper for spotting. I am experienced with spotting, but I even still use it because it’s faster and more efficient!!!

Hope this was helpful!
If it wasn’t, let me know in what areas I can improve.
Byeeeee

5 Likes

Thank. You.

Lifesaver.

It’s all good!
Had these problems too!

This is so helpful tysm! This is awesome!

No problem! I hope this helps!

1 Like

bump

1 Like

bump

1 Like

Bump

1 Like

Bump

@FAITH enters from right to spot 1.115 120 73 in zone 2 AND FAITH faces left AND FAITH does it while run_cry_embarrassed_loop

is there something wrong with this spotting ?
I can’t figure it out at all

Can you send me a screen shot? Because it looks good to me. You might have trouble with the formating.

This is so great!!

1 Like

bump

bump indeed

Thank you so much but can you show us an example of what the numbers would look like?

1 Like

Here’s an example:
@JAIDEN spot 0.789 226 330

1 Like

How do I keep them the same height as they walk?

Don’t change the first number. That will keep your character the exact same height the whole time.

Do you have an example in code?

@BRENDAN walks to spot 1.550 195 -86 in 2 AND BRENDAN faces right AND BRENDAN is walk_rear

Brendan was:

@BRENDAN spot 1.550 236 -67 in zone 2

before

He walked to a different spot but his height didn’t change

2 Likes