Star Trek : Evolution l|l Official Thread l|l RP/SG

ORP : @TheBluGeek, I’ll adopt them! Razor is going to be abit lonely sense he can’t really approach anyone ;-;

.: Christopher :.
“Typical,” he scoffed. “Well don’t let him get to you, alright?” Chris said, frowning. “Some criminals are so manipulative and charismatic it’s nauseating,” he said, making a vomiting motion.

OOC

Yay! I’ll send you a list of them so you can adopt some (unless you want them all oh god)

ORP:

@TheBluGeek

If Fallen hasn’t already reserved for everything, or they’re more characters that can be adopted, I could adopt a few. :3

ORP:

I’ll reply to Silas soon, I’m not letting this die

◤ This man had proved to be more intricate than R’lyeh had first thought, and that had caught him off-guard. He eyed the man carefully, paying attention to all of his movements and expressions. The way the man had contained a laugh at his previous reaction, and most importantly, the fact that he had pronounced his last name right this time. It had been a trap, and he had fallen right into it. He clenched in teeth, annoyed at himself, of course he was going to act uptight and high and mighty in front of the one person who may have actually some smarts in the ship. And the man in front of him sure was smart, he knew how to find out things about others, and he was a good actor. This wasn’t going to end up well for R’lyeh, not if he kept acting like he was, so he chose to compose himself and brush it off, using his brain to keep up with the other man, instead of pretending his brains made him unreachable and superior. Maybe it won’t be that bad, he tried to convince himself. It could be nice to have someone on the ship who didn’t totally annoy him. But he wasn’t going to let Silas know about that just yet, he had to be consistent in how he acted. His mind raced with thoughts before he noticed what he had just been doing. No. He couldn’t. He couldn’t let emotions take over, and pride was an emotion. Biting his tongue, he decided he had to tone it down. You know what to do, he reprimanded himself. It seemed he had started this trip with the wrong foot.

Beating yourself up won’t work, you idiot, he thought as he focused back on what the man was saying. Stay calm, stay focused, put logic first, he repeated in his mind as the other man talked about what they should do next. He seemed to speak a little too much, he was unnecessarily courteous, but R’lyeh couldn’t let this distract him. This man was smart, even though he didn’t seem so at first though. And he had agreed with him, so he didn’t really need to screw things up with his crew right now.

“Now, do you know which room the mechanics are in? Is it in one of the rooms that you know the placement of, or is it a room that you have not explored yet on the ship?” He had spoken too fast, he was taunting him now. Taking a deep breath and reminding himself that bantering would get him nowhere, he spoke up. “No, I don’t happen to know what room is that. I am just getting familiar with the ship,” he admitted, his voice losing some of its stern tone. ◢

…Silas Falkov…

"No, I don’t happen to know what room is that. I am just getting familiar with the ship.” At the man’s words, Silas stared at him in disbelief, licking his lower lip in thought before slowly blinking. …Did ‘Mister Surak’ really just admit that? After a few minutes? With barely any prodding? He stood in silence, his eyes fixated on the man while his eyebrows knitted together. He wasn’t sure whether to question him further, or let the topic go. Almost a minute passed before Silas opened his mouth, then closed it, swallowing, before his mouth formed an ‘o’ again. He racked his brain, trying to figure out the most delicate way he could say his next words without sounding superior.

“No worries. Well… I happened to explore the ship beforehand, so I suppose I could lead…” His gaze drifted to the door as he turned, taking a step towards it before he stopped. His nose crinkled as he darted another glance at the man. What if ‘Mister Surak’ refuses my help? Silas recalled the option the man had granted him before, to explore the noise alone or not, and decided to return the offer with a sigh. “Unless you want to try to find it yourself?” He held out his arm and dipped his head slightly, a polite invitation to decline his help if needed.

ORP:

@Cam- R’lyeh.

orp : someone love me and approach Razor <3

◤As the other man looked directly at him, R’lyeh could only raise one of his eyebrows with curiosity. Why was he staring at him like that? Why was he staring at him at all?He had no idea, but it made him uneasy, and so, he was the first out of the two to deviate his gaze, looking at the entrance of the room instead as he clenched his jaw tightly.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see the man open his mouth, as if he was going to say something, and his eyer darted towards him again, just for the man to close his mouth again. A small grunt of dissatisfaction, came out of his throat, but he hoped it wasn’t loud enough for Silas to hear. Once he opened his mouth in the form of an ‘o’, R’lyeh focused on the man’s factions and furrowed his brows again.

The next words that came out of the other man’s mouth gave a deep sense of relief, Silas knew what he was doing, that was something positive for both of them. But that sense disappeared once he talked once again. “Unless you want to try to find it yourself?” That didn’t make sense at all, and for that reason, a small chuckle came out of R’lyeh’s mouth.

“Now, why would I want that? I thought it was pretty obvious that I was asking for your assistance,” he commented with a small smile. “It would be completely illogical of me to refuse the knowledge of someone who has information about I topic I am interested in,” he explained as he began walking towards the door with a confident step before standing next to it.

“After you,” he said, his tone back to emotionless. ◢

…Silas Falkov…

At the other man’s unexpected chuckle, Silas arched his eyebrows. It didn’t strike him that his words were… humorous in any way? Luckily, his puzzlement was resolved by ‘Mister Surak’s next words: “Now, why would I want that? I thought it was pretty obvious that I was asking for your assistance. It would be completely illogical of me to refuse the knowledge of someone who has information about a topic I am interested in.” As the man began confidently walking towards the door, Silas stayed a few steps behind, eyes drifting over to him when he heard his voice ring out. ”After you.”

Why was he so… polite? Alarmingly polite. He murmured a soft ‘thank you’ as he passed ‘Mister Surak’, stepping into the hallway. Pursing his lips, Silas closed his eyes, mentally tracing the path to the engine room. “This way,” he gestured as he strolled down the hall, keeping a couple paces ahead of the other man.

Although Silas tried to concentrate on his steps, his thoughts kept drifting back to ‘Mister Surak’, couldn’t help but ponder as his eyes flickered towards him every once in a while. The man was far more difficult to read than any other huma- Chuckling under his breath, he caught his error, correcting himself. He isn’t a human, is he…? Isn’t he a Vulcan? Sneaking a few glances at the man again, Silas studied his assured features but swiftly looked away, hoping he was subtle enough that he wouldn’t be caught staring. Even so, it was unnerving how, in a split second, the Vulcan could go from smiling to… nothing. Emotionless. The question he had from initially meeting the man began bubbling up again: Why? And how? Although ‘Mister Surak’ had seemed simple enough, he proved to be more of a mystery than Silas originally thought.

They continued to walk in comfortable silence (or, to Silas, it was comfortable at least) for a while before he scrunched his nose. “…I don’t mean to intrude. A question has been on my mind for some time now, and of course, I won’t force you to answer, but… why ‘Mister Surak’? Out of all of the ways you would want others to address you, why that?” Silas pursed his lips, carefully avoiding the question he actually wanted to ask: What is your first name?

ORP:

@Cam- R’lyeh.

R’lyeh waited for the other man at the door, his eyes not leaving him as he began walking towards the door and out of the room. The small “thank you” the man murmured did not go unnoticed, but he chose not to mention it, for it would not make a good conversation at all. Once he heard the words “This way” R’lyeh was quick to follow the other man’s lead, walking at a steady pace, but looking around him in an attempt to memorise the layout of the ship as they walked.

Their walk was quiet, at least at the beginning, and R’lyeh appreciated that. In fact, it allowed his mind to settle, he couldn’t have his thoughts wandering and reminding how vulnerable he had just made himself, and how messed up a vulcan he was. He couldn’t let his mind wander and make him feel anything, not even pride nor embarrassment. Focus on what really is here, he said to himself before a voice reminded him he wasn’t alone.

“…I don’t mean to intrude. A question has been on my mind for some time now, and of course, I won’t force you to answer, but… why ‘Mister Surak’? Out of all of the ways you would want others to address you, why that?” Of course the man would be curious about that. He had introduced himself by his first name, and he had only gotten a last name back. Now knowing how analytical Silas was, R’lyeh realised he had slipped up once again by expecting him not to notice his reply.

After a few seconds of silence, he finally spoke up. “I am merely saving us all the hassle of having my name mispronounced,” he explained. “I have noticed that not many people get it right and we can’t get a mission compromised because someone couldn’t say it properly and caused a misunderstanding. Surak is much easier to pronounce,” he finished, replaying in his head how the other man had purposefully messed up his last name as well.

“But-” he continued, “I don’t believe you are satisfied with my reply, are you?” He commented, remembering the hesitation in his voice before he asked the question. ◢

ORP:

Sorry, this is crappy. I’m kinda tired and I won’t be on tomorrow

…Silas Falkov…

At the Vulcan’s silence, Silas’ curiosity only increased. “I am merely saving us all the hassle of having my name mispronounced. I have noticed that not many people get it right and we can’t get a mission compromised because someone couldn’t say it properly and caused a misunderstanding. Surack is much easier to pronounce. But- I don’t believe you are satisfied with my reply, are you?” Although the information he gained wasn’t what he wanted, it was information nonetheless, another piece to figuring out the who and why of this man. The corner of Silas’ eyes crinkled, his gaze traveled towards his steps. He had to give the Vulcan credit for pinpointing his thoughts only based on his words and actions.

Giving himself a long moment to regroup his thoughts, Silas kept quiet, before glancing up at the other man and shrugging carelessly. “You already know what I think. Your reply wasn’t exactly what I was… looking for, but it did answer some of my questions. Would everyone on the ship call you ‘Mister Surack’? Would the captain or someone higher in command call you something different? Or the ones older than you, but that would depend on your age…” He drifted off, trying to tease some information out of the Vulcan, although it was more difficult than he thought.

ORP:

@Cam- R’lyeh.

◤ After having given the man so much information, R’lyeh awaited for a reply, watching the other man carefully, ready to notice anything that could give him more information about him. He had never met a human like him, and that was quite intriguing, so he simply had to see how his thoughts process went, and how it could be seen in his expressions.

He cocked his head the moment Silas’ eyes crinkled a bit, wondering what could have caused that, but his thoughts were interrupted by the other man’s voice. “You already know what I think. Your reply wasn’t exactly what I was… looking for, but it did answer some of my questions. Would everyone on the ship call you ‘Mister Surack’? Would the captain or someone higher in command call you something different? Or the ones older than you, but that would depend on your age…”

“Now, those are a lot of questions,” he said softly, curiosity was something he always admired. “For now, you are the only one who has asked my name, so right now, a hundred percent of the people I have interacted me know to call me Mister Surak. But you do give some valid points respecting the chain of commands-” he trailed off, he should respect the ones who didn’t want to address him as formally. “Like I said, going by my first name would be complicated for all of us. However, i guess the ones who don’t want to call me ‘mister’ can simply call me Surak,” he said, his voice going softer at every word he uttered. “You included.”

Wanting to change the topic from this strangely vulnerable conversation, R’lyeh looked around him and asked "How long are we from the engines room?"◢

ORP:

This took me very long, sorry.
@TheBluGeek, could we try to revive this, please?
Also, @Once, a few days ago I was playing with J and one of the characters was called Surack so I couldn’t stop thinking about Silas XD

…Silas Falkov…

Listening to the Vulcan speak, Silas noticed his voice growing softer and softer, until he had to strain his ears to hear his words: "Like I said, going by my first name would be complicated for all of us. However, i guess the ones who don’t want to call me ‘mister’ can simply call me Surak. You included.” His eyebrows rose into a peak over his nose. He hadn’t expected another response, but was still satisfied to gain more information. From the sudden change of conversation, he knew the man wanted to drop the topic, and although he respected those wishes, it wouldn’t stop Silas from puzzling over what his first name was, determined to ask again someday.

Surack… Surack. Surack. Huh… He turned his head away as he slowly mouthed the name over and over again, finding it odd, but strangely comforting not adding ‘Mister’ before it. A faint smile spread across his face, it seemed like they might get along after all.

The thoughts flew out of his mind, as he jumped back when he heard Surack’s voice: “How long are we from the engines room?” Oh… The engine room! Silas had almost forgotten why they were here in the first place, but he quickly masked the confusion with a reply.

“The engine room is right ahead.” Walking down the hallway, he reached the doorway, eyes darting around as it adjusted to the dimness before stepping inside. “Where would the Engineer Officer be…?” Mumbling to himself, he advanced.

ORP:

@TheBluGeek, same request as Cam, is there any way this can be revived? Or could I adopt some characters of the inactive RPers? I don’t want it to die yet…

@Cam- R’lyeh.
:3 That’s the same way I am with a lot of characters, haha.

OOC: Me either guys, I’ve jsut been a bit busy and uninspired recently. I’ll try and post the list of available characters tomorrow and hopefully new people will be willing to adopt!

◤ As he waited for a reply, R’lyeh focused on the hallways they were going through, trying to memorise the layout of the ship the best he could in case he had to go somewhere on his own. He couldn’t always depend on people like he was depending on Silas right now. He couldn’t even trust he would like his other crew mates -not that Silas was his favourite person in the universe, but he was still decent-. They kept walking, and he could only hear their shoes clicking on the floor before Silas spoke up.

“The engine room is right ahead.” What had taken the man so long? It seemed uncharacteristic for a person who had already proven to be intelligent like he did. Maybe he had been thinking of something else, but whatever that was, it didn’t seem to be important to their current situation, so the logical thing was not to think much about it. As his thoughts wandered, Silas spoke once again, asking about the whereabouts of the Engineering Officer, to which he replied with a small grunt. Of course, there was a problem in the engines room and the one in charge was nowhere to be found, what a great way to begin their mission.

He proceeded to clear his throat and look around him, the officer had to be somewhere near. “Excuse me?” He called out. After getting no reply, he remembered the fact that the crew had been given communication devices. “We require the engineering officer in the engine room,” he said into the device, expecting someone to hear them. “It’s an urgent matter,” he said, hearing the strange noise coming from the engines. “What could this be?” He said as he turned towards his companion. ◢

ORP:

@jdepisode - Aukai

Please reply to this if you want to take over Star Trek

meee

This is also yours XD

orp : I am now owner, and continue as wanted. I am still approachable (and my character cannot move so help me D:)