🤔 Star Wars vs Star Trek! ( And other monumental classics for SciFi Fans! )

I like both, now my favorite Star Trek was Voyager.

1 Like

I really like the new Star Trek: Discovery

1 Like

Oh yeah??? I think :thinking: I might have watched 1 or two parts of the Voyager. But I just couldn’t get into the cast. :woman_shrugging:t4: For me, the personalities were better with the original and The Next Generation!!! Plus I was already biased because I had already religiously watch LaVar Burton as the host of Reading :open_book: Rainbow :rainbow: , so watching him as the character Geordi La Forge on TNG was a no brained for me.

Oh cool!!! I’ve never watched Discovery ( I really haven’t turned the Telly on for quite some time now… ) is it really good?

1 Like

I’ve really enjoyed it, especially the first season. And there’s a new episode every Thursday or Friday.

1 Like

That sounds pretty interesting. How long have you been watching it?

1 Like

I think a month or two.

1 Like

I still haven’t checked it out yet… :thinking: but… I also haven’t checked out The Mandalorian either :woman_shrugging:t4:

100% Star Wars

1 Like

Are you into New School Star Wars??? Or Old School Star Wars??? :thinking:

1 Like

New school Star Wars

1 Like

Neither to be honest. Give me The Expanse, Battlestar Galactica and Mass Effect when it comes to sci-fi. I much prefer those over any Star Trek/Star Wars!

1 Like

Have you seen The Mandalorian?

You don’t like either of them at all? Or you just prefer the shows you listed over Star Wars and Star Trek because the quality is better IYO?

1 Like

I’ve seen Star Wars: The Force Awakens as well as The Mandalorian and didn’t like either at all. I haven’t actually watched proper Star Trek, but I’ve seen The Orville which a lot of people said was like Star Trek and wasn’t a big fan of that either. I’ve therefore always just assumed Star Trek wouldn’t really be my thing either, but maybe I shouldn’t be so presumptuous. I definitely prefer the shows/games I listed over the stuff I’ve seen by a lot!

1 Like

Ahhh… I gotcha… So you haven’t seen any of the original Star Trek or Star Wars programs then?

1 Like

I haven’t! Maybe they’re a lot better than what I have seen, but with all the praise for The Mandalorian and people saying it’s like “old Star Wars” again, I didn’t have high hopes to be honest, haha. I have considered watching Star Trek: Discovery a few times, but opinions on that seem mixed and it’s obviously not one of the original programs either. I’d say I’d try out the older shows, but I probably will never get to them if I’m really honest. They have so many episodes!

1 Like

Welp… that makes sense. It’s hard to know which episodes/ movies :movie_camera: to watch when there appear to be thousands all starting from before you were even born!!! I get that… I am more partial to the older programs and shows that were created before I was born. So… the new stuff doesn’t typically get my attention.

Star Wars all the way! I’ve basically grown up watching it, with Disney releasing The Mandalorian and with other amazing upcoming shows (like Kenobi!!) I’m even more HYPED. Everyone said Disney would kill the SW franchise but they’re THRIVING.

2 Likes

I still haven’t seen the Mandalorian yet… But I just love Baby Yoda ( Grogu ).

2 Likes