I used to review stories a lot a while ago and now I kinda miss it.
This is completely free btw! But with that, I do have a few rules.
- Please keep in mind that I’m just one person so I might not get to your review depending on how busy I am. I don’t really have a specific timeframe but I’ll try to get it back to you ASAP.
- Please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/dNzmhQ5hh6XzmCRp7. If you don’t wanna do the form that’s fine! Just look at the form and instead of putting your reply there, just put it in the comments here instead.
- This isn’t required but would help me out if you’d follow me on Insta (writing_for_stars). That way I could post the review and your story there as a way of promotion and the more followers I get the more promotion you get in return. So yeah, not required but I think it would be a good idea.
- Be nice! Lol. I try to keep my reviews constructive but I can be brutally honest. If that’s not what you’re looking for you should probably keep it moving.
- I’ll probably review around 1-3 episodes depending on how much I like the story
- Even though there is a form, let me know you filled out the form/want a review here on this thread so I know to check the form and this thread stays active.
And if you choose that you’d like the review to be posted (either here or on Insta) I’ll always send it to you first so you can check it and stuff and make sure you’re cool with it being shared.
What I’ll Review
You can tell me in the form (or on here if you don’t do forms) what you want in your review, but I’ll try to touch on everything I see. So think spelling, grammar, characters, directing, writing style, how I think you can improve… etc… I also like thinking about/exploring relationships in the story between characters and how well I’m invested in the characters. I’ll probably talk about how invested I am in the story as a reader.
I also want to point out that just because I don’t like your story- doesn’t make it a bad story! This is just my opinion and mine alone, and you can always disagree with me and move on.
- Just know that the reviews probably won’t get done for a really long time because I do them in my spare time lol. I’ll try and keep up with the thread tho so it doesn’t close! Keep submitting stuff but just know that reviews take a really long time and I tend to read either the whole story or as many episodes as I can and that takes a lot of time and energy. So yeah, expect to submit the story and then not hear for me for many months . I am working on it tho on my own time.
This next part is about me posting the review on Insta so if you don’t want that- don’t worry about it lol.
2. I’m aiming to put all the stories I’ve reviewed on Insta (at least, if you’ve requested it with the form. If not, don’t worry about it.) But that’s gonna take an even longer time because I have to figure out how to format it. I wanted to make custom art things for each to put each slide on of my review but that takes a lot of time. I might plan on doing what I’ve seen some other reviewers do and post a picture of the story and then just copy-paste the review. I wish I could do it better, but I feel like it’s a better/easier way of doing it. I’m probably gonna end up just condensing the review into something that is more of a shout-out and less critical because, in the end, I’m putting it on my account to help boost traffic to your story. But I won’t lie and I will give the same rating, but let’s say if you did really good in one area I’ll probably talk more about that and who would probably like this story. If I can’t find anything good about it and you still want me to post it, I’m just gonna be honest and say I didn’t like it lol.
2.5… One last thing… (Still about insta lol). If you want me to post it on Insta and you request it on the form after I send you the review I’ll double-check with you to make sure it’s okay. If you don’t say anything or you say no then I just won’t post it. It may seem annoying but I’m just doing it to make sure because on the form you’re not just getting the review beforehand and checking it over to make sure you’re okay with me blasting your story if I gave a negative review. So basically after I send you’ll the review I’ll be like: So is it okay if I post this on Insta?
If I don’t get a “yes” I’ll just assume it’s a no until you tell me it’s okay.