Stealing Art and Art Theft

Hello, Episodians. It has come to my attention that multiple people have been stealing art. This is not, I repeat, not an okay thing to do.

This thread has already been created and archived. It was created in July and was closed due to inactivity. This thread is closed but it seems we’ll have to bring it back. If this need to be moved to that archived topic, @Sydney_H or @Jeremy, please do so. Thanks!

STEALING ART IS BAD!!! YOU SHOULD NOT DO IT.

Practice makes perfect, guys. You shouldn’t have to take it from someone. Now I’m not going to name any names because I am not a snitch, but people: STOP DOING IT!! It’s called plagiarism. Plagiarism is illegal. Artist work very very hard for their pieces and if you take it, that’s just you being lazy.
Any covers, art scenes, even outlines made by someone goes to their respective owners. Even tracing over an outline and not crediting the owners is called plagiarism.
If you want to use someone’s work, say as, for an outline Contest, a cover, splash, etc. then ask for their permission. It’s wrong to take something without asking. How would you feel if someone took something that was very dear to you and took the credit for it? Bad, mad, mistreated, that’s how these people feel when thieves take the credit for something they didn’t do. Please, don’t do it. Walk a mile in their shoes and then tell us how they feel.

A NOTE TO ALL ARTISTS:
Just a tip to all my artist out there: always watermark your work. ALWAYS! If you don’t, people will more likely steal your work. Trust me, I know. Even better, put it in spots where a stealer can’t crop it out or mark over it.

In conclusion guys, don’t steal other’s work. They worked hard on it and you stealing them is wrong.

Just tagging some artists among others:

Tags

@Cassandra_Dean
@Malukah
@PerplexedJam
@Cheyara_Skadi
@phlegmatic
@fcukforcookies
@Hialexhi
@AmeliaEpisode
@lady_anne.editz
@Maria.StoryWritter
@Toxic.Dreams
@MysteryMaker
@Aims.Episode
@talesbyrose
@Rileyjohannes
@Lunar_Rose
@Raybadem
@MagixQueenie
@sofia2
@Shuka
@epsd.ama
@CrazygirldY_dY_dY
@Killerfrost
@Sophbee
@CinnamonToast
@RosenSun

Please tag any others I may have missed.

Thank you for your time. Anyone who clicked on this thread.

41 Likes

Honestly, I have seen ppl stealing a lot of these talented artists work, and making a new Instagram account and adding it to think its theirs.

MAKE SURE TO PUT WATERMARK ON YALL ART.

9 Likes

@tabbie.episode

3 Likes

I kinda noticed lately that there were these cases. I never used to watermark my works, just because it didn’t even crossed my mind that someone would do that. So I almost stopped sharing art, and if I do, I put watermarks. That’s just ehh… Very low.

7 Likes

Lol I never considered myself as an artist :joy: thank you for that and yeah thank you…
People who steal other people’s art are really pathetic and I don’t understand how can they knowingly share someone else’s art claiming it as their own.
Some people just don’t have shame :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

People are just soooo ungrateful that they dont have the talent that others have. PATHETIC! U get my point XD

2 Likes

@Rac5hel

1 Like

yea i agree with you, stealing art is bad

1 Like

I’ve been summoned by @lanafrazer_episode

3 Likes

Welcome Mistress. curtsey

2 Likes

Off topic but:

I missed you RayRay.:sob::sob:

1 Like

what does a watermark look like?? I’ve probably used one before/ seen it, but i’m that one slow bean in the pot and just need to make sure :joy:

2 Likes

It’s sort of like their initials. Some have just their names in text but others could be their signatures. Here’s mine as an example:

3 Likes

Hi @lanafrazer_episode and @Turtle_Cat off topic answer: I’ve missed you too @Turtle_Cat and thanks for the welcome back @lanafrazer_episode but I’m back for awhile

5 Likes

Sorry off topic. IT’S GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK @Rac5hel!! MISSED U SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! :sob:

1 Like

ah okay, makes sense :joy: I just thought it was called a signature

1 Like

Its is called that to.

1 Like

oh…ohhhh

OHHHHH

see i told ya i’m slow :joy:

:rofl:

1 Like

:heart::heart::heart:

1 Like