Stealing Art and Art Theft

It’s really disappointing we have to tell people not to steal art. I mean it’s kinda obvious :joy: I don’t like watermarks bc they hide some parts of my work but I gotta put it on every freaking single piece of work I do. If you want to be an artist here’s an idea :upside_down_face: go learn :raised_hands: watch YouTube, :thinking: get mentor to teach, just don’t steal bc then not a lot of people would think fondly of you. I don’t know about other artists but it takes me at least a whole week to do covers! It takes me 3 freaking hours to make edits! Sometimes I have to motivate myself to finish requests and I usually am stressed about finishing on time or making it perfect. I know I’m not the only one they’re other artists probably who feel the same way. But when you here someone stolen art from you I would be pissed off.

Just don’t steal art!!!

9 Likes

It’s stupid and messed up. It’s also funny because they think they can get away with it. :joy:

3 Likes

Exactly. Artists shouldn’t have to ask, we shouldn’t steal it in the first place.

2 Likes

Ikr it’s irritating posting your art without making sure you’ve put your watermark on it

2 Likes

I definitely agree with this! Many artists have worked very hard for these perfect drawings and their work. But many people steal art because they feel some way that they aren’t good enough to draw like others and won’t try to draw.

4 Likes

how ridiculous and sad, especially when they try to deny it when it is so obvious.

4 Likes

Yes of I’ve seen it before on Instagram or anywhere else I usually investigate a little more

2 Likes

Lol. People are watching!

3 Likes

I be seeing people have artist commission are and junk. Got me here: :expressionless:

1 Like

:shushing_face::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

As an artist, this makes my blood boil. How can someone sleep at night when you know you’ve taken credit for someone’s days of work? It’s disgusting. Be very careful when you’re sharing your artwork over the web guys

7 Likes

Thank you for making this thread. All of my artwork was completely stolen from someone that most people already know (I’m not gonna say who it is). She really hurt me because she even entered things I made into contests and won one of them but I’ve fixed that now and I had told the judges so it’s alright now. Always, and I mean always, put your watermark on your work! <3

6 Likes

Thank you for this thread. Never thought about putting my watermark on but for now on I will. It’s sad people actually do this. You will get caught soon or later. @Bethany1 I know this happened to you. On Instagram. Someone stealing your artwork.

5 Likes

Omg thats awful to steal someones work! I will make sure to make my water mark bigger! Thanks for the heads up!

4 Likes

Thank you for tagging me, yes just the other day someone took my work and use in their story and on there Instagram and was saying they made it. I’m by far the best at the art I make (that’s why I ask others to make things I can for me and credit them.) but if you want something by me I always say just ask I don’t mind doing it if it is something I can do. I love to help anyone I can or point them to someone who can. But due to that I don’t I started doing this to all the work I share that I make.

5 Likes

I remember earlier or yesterday @Cassandra_Dean caught someone (not gonna say names) stealing very talented artists work. Go Cassandra for catching that person! :relaxed::hugs::blush:

1 Like

Artists draw with their heart’s content, with their own creativity and it sometimes take 2-3 days according to your life schedule and we draw for you from the goodness of our hearts and free as charge. And for someone to just claim your hard work in the blink of an eye is something we artist won’t tolerate and it’s not nice… We artist have to stick together and if we see someone stealing someone else’s work then we won’t let it slide so easily. It’s like you going to work and working hard for honest money and someone just rob you of the hard working money you earn… It’s not a nice feeling to know you working hard on art for someone and they claim it as theirs and refuse to give you credit and still lie and say it theirs… That just pisses me off… DON’T DO ON TO OTHERS THAT YOU WON’T LIKE OTHERS DO TO YOU… KARMA IS SUCH A BITCH

7 Likes

I hate that for everyone. Mine is by far very talented work, but I still put a lot of work in to the few art scenes I did for myself and its not right for anyone to take from anyone anything that is not theres.

2 Likes

Agree

2 Likes

Girl, your work is good. I am amazed at how quick you learned. :kissing_heart:

1 Like