Stealing Art and Art Theft

Omg that amazing love it also love the amount of watermark and size lol #priceless

1 Like

Thank you fun. A lot of practice and staying up tell 5am lol

1 Like

After I got one scene stolen from me I wasn;t going to have it happen again. lol :slight_smile:
And thank you

1 Like

the legit sigh of relief i just had when i realized i was only tagged to read and wasnā€™t being told i stole something :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The funniest thing I saw today. When someone was claiming someone elseā€™s art. They had the audacity to actually argue. And swear up and down itā€™s their work. Even though I showed the obvious it could not have been. Before I did not understand other Artist making rant thread about stealing art or even backgrounds. But now I completely understand since I started with art. Everyone who does art takes time out if their day. And it takes hours to do it to make outlines and color it in. And it takes me 3 to 4 days to make backgrounds. It just makes my stomach turn knowing people do these things.

6 Likes

on another note although watermarks make it harder for people who dont have basic photo editing skills to steal something it is remarkably easy to take one off of even the most extravagant watermarks itā€™s really sad to what lengths some people go to, to steal art and some people even try to make a profit off of it.

6 Likes

Oh sorry to hear that hope it wonā€™t happen again

2 Likes

Me too and thank you.

2 Likes

Your very welcome

2 Likes

I think I know what you are talking about. I was reading it and was like itā€™s so obvious to tell that the art was not theirs.

2 Likes

Donā€™t people feel ashamed when they steal otherā€™s art? They know itā€™s not theirs but they can still take credit for it? And even worst some theft brag about how amazing they are for creating this art. DONā€™T THEY FEEL ASHAMED?

5 Likes

I do watermark my work but I have seen on many occasions people can just cut it or blue or put there on top or summin :pensive:

This isnā€™t okay! Artists spend a lot of work on it so please to any one reading donā€™t steal!

1 Like

I agree turtle cat, this has been happening a lot, Iā€™m glad you created this thread again because people seem to not be learning their lesson

2 Likes

This thread should be advertised because the key to getting better is
ā€œpractice makes better.ā€

2 Likes

And I donā€™t mean to be rude or anything, because you guys know me, Iā€™m @AMagic. Iā€™m all positivity I hate negativity. But if I see you using my work without crediting me or cutting out my watermark, we will have some issues. I am so, so, so, so, so, so sorry if I sound rude, I just want to make a point sorry again :sob: But I will do it

3 Likes

No you sound serious.

1 Like

Itā€™s just that I happen struggling on my art when I first started, but now iā€™ve improved, and I got better. And when people just want to take it, it feels like an insult to me.

2 Likes

Tysm for the tag. Iā€™ve addressed this multiple times in pms where Iā€™ve either caught art theft, or Iā€™ve been a victim of one. All the times, Iā€™ve felt the pain that either myself, or the victim artist felt. Stealing art is not ok. For all those people who think that they can get away with itā€¦ Think again. There are eyes everywhere watching the art, whether itā€™s for a friend, or just any artist in general. Like @Turtle_Cat saidā€¦ Walk a mile in the artistsā€™ shoes before stealing the artā€¦ How would you feel if that happened to your hard work? Iā€™m not pointing out anyone in particular, but you know who you areā€¦ ty for getting through this, it means a lot to me :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I know what I did to Shelly g and I know I was very wrong for that. I donā€™t want anybody to go through what she went through because I know she works very hard on her art, thatā€™s why it is so amazing. @shellyg Iā€™m so sorry I did that to you. I swear on my life, I will never do it again. If you can forgive me, that would be amazing, but you donā€™t have to, I know what I did was wrong.

4 Likes

Guys, this is how Alexa feels her art gets stolen all the time. Sorry for what you have to go through @alexa.episode

2 Likes