Steepdale ∽ RP ∽ OFFICIAL THREAD

The small seaside town Steepdale has never been the same since Alison Keegan, a woman everyone knew and loved and/or hated, was brutally murdered one night at a party. The police worked day and night for a year to find the murderer, without any success. Now it’s the beginning of a new school year, and as the parents of Steepdale are driving their children to school, they just hope and pray that their precious little ones will stay safe. Because if a woman can get killed in a safe little washed out town like Steepdale, no one is safe.

RULES

• Everything you write that’s not a part of the actual RP always has to be written like this: OCC/ORP:

heey wassup dude, to avoid clutter and confusion. To blur your text out like that, simply click on the little cogwheel to your left and select blur spoiler.

• A little god modding is okay, but never so much that your actions alone affect the whole plot (things like suddenly changing time, weather, etc).

• The only things you can discuss in this thread are things directly related to what’s going on in the RP right at the moment, to chat with other role-players and decide future relationships etc, please feel free to pm each other or chat in the sign up thread.

• Always write in third person and in past tense. Write your character’s first and last name at the top of your post. Example:
    Danny Blue
    Danny turned around to look Beth in the eye. “But what if I don’t want to go?” he asked, with a playful smirk on his lips.

• Make sure to regularly vist Steepdale’s Official Website, since it will affect the RP’s story a lot, so to keep up - make that site your home, hah.

• Swearing is allowed.

Faceclaims

Steepdale ∽ RP ∽ SIGN UPS

It’s 07.50 AM on a Monday morning, every parent in Steepdale are driving their seven-yearolds to their first day of school. Later that day the parents will get to meet the teachers and discuss the year further, and sign up for the parent council and so on. The teenagers have already been dropped off at school, and are now trying to find their way to their first class of the day along with their classmates.

Jason Tanner
Jason finishes preparing breakfast for his family while they were upstairs getting ready.
@CrazyCaliope -family

Nudge, nudge

Stephanie Tanner
Stephanie was upstairs brushing Lily’s hair and was making sure she was ready. “Are you excited for your first day of school this year?”
@JesusLover2.0

Nathan Keller
Nathan was still asleep. Not next to his wife, in their bedroom, but on the couch in the lounge. The television was still on, the remote on his chest, and his hand hung off the couch and inside a bag of Fritos’.

Christian Keller
Christian was upstairs with his towel around his waist, after just having had a shower. He was doing his morning routine of sit-ups, press ups, etc.
@jdepisode

Lily Tanner
Lily smiled in the mirror as her mom combed her hair.“Yes but I’m a little nervous.”
@CrazyCaliope

Melanie Rogers

“Get out of the road, asshole!” she screamed out of her window at a car driving at the speed of a snail in front of her. She sighed loudly and honked her horn a couple of times for good measure. Melanie’s road rage had always been terrible, due to her extremely short temper, her family knew that better than anybody. She suddenly met her little daughter’s eyes in the rearview mirror, and could instantly feel her heart sinking. It wasn’t the first time she had sworn in front of her children, she knew for sure this wouldn’t be the last time, but she still felt really guilty every time she did. “Mommy just said a very bad word, Breeland …”

Breeland Rogers

“… don’t say that word to your friends” the little girl interrupted her mother, “I won’t, mommy. But you really shouldn’t be such a biatch to the other drivers”. Biatch, a word Bree had picked up just the day before from her older sisters fighting. She ignored the furious look her mom gave her, and instead shifted her focus to her other parent - her father Seth, who was sitting next to her mom, and had been silent for the majority of the drive. “Daddy … could you please take me with you to work tomorrow? Molly’s dad takes her with him to work all the time! And he doesn’t even have a cool job, he’s an accountant … you’re a doctor!

@jdepisode

Mentioned (kind of): @Aohebe_S

Bill Keegan

“Lisa, come down right now or I’m leaving without you!” he yelled up the stairs, hoping his daughter would hear him through all the Jacob Sart-something-ous songs she was blasting. He had tried hundreds of times to get her to just get up like a normal child, and not take a million years to get ready. Bill had tried to help her with her clothes and hair a couple of times, but never in a way that was good enough for little Lisa, so he just let her be. Alison used to be the one who helped her with all of that, and back then it would only take a couple minutes. Damn, he had promised himself that he wouldn’t think about her today. Just the thought of Alison not being able to see their daughter go to her first day of school broke his heart. Bill took a deep breath. The last thing Lisa needed today was to think about the brutal passing of her mother, he knew that. If that stupid kid could just get ready already!

@themaystorms

Stephanie Tanner
Stephanie was kneeling behind her daughter. She put the brush down, wrapped her arms Lily, and looked at her in the mirror. “What makes you so nervous, Lilypad?”
@JesusLover2.0

Lily Tanner
Lily turned around to face her mom.“Because mommy I want to stay home, and I’m scared to talk to other people.”
@CrazyCaliope

Stephanie Tanner
Stephanie smiled at her. “Lilypad, there isn’t any reason to be scared, I promise.” She gently poked her stomach, and walked two fingers up her chest to her neck and tickled her slightly. “I will be taking you to school, where I’ll be staying as long as you need me to. Then, if you need me at all, you can get the school to call me and I’ll be right there to collect you.” Stephanie gently poked Lily again. “But I’ll let you in on a little secret … I don’t think you’ll need me at all. You’re going to make so many new friends that you’ll forget all about me”
@JesusLover2.0

Lily Tanner
Lily giggles.”Thank you mommy and I’ll never forget about you.” She gives Stephanie a big hug.
@CrazyCaliope

Stephanie Tanner
Stephanie returned Lily’s hug and gave her a kiss on the nose. “Come on Lilypad, let’s go find Daddy!”
@JesusLover2.0

Lisa Keegan

The little girl took a twirl in the mirror, brushing her locks out with her fingers as she passed herself a kiss in the mirror the way she’d seen some of the girls in the fifth grade do in the bathrooms at school. The voice downstairs beckoning her name brought a small frown to her lips as she tugged her frilled denim jacket off a nearby peg, having to reach up onto her tip toes to grab a hold of it. She usually wore the jacket in the summer, although Lisa saw no harm in donning it for the January month ahead: the song playing in the background was already giving the Keegan sunshine vibes, though she rolled her eyes as she poked the ‘pause’ button on her music player. Some of the boys and girls in her class were always going on about the songs that had been playing, but, if anything, the dark-haired princess of Bill and Alison Keegan found them tacky. It was several minutes before, trawling downstairs in her princess dress that she had worn to her previous birthday party, Alison met the expectant gaze of her father and beamed with a pleased expression plastered across her face, though she didn’t waste a moment as she rushed forward to the shoe rack, hastening to slip into her khaki green wellies that were a sharp and hideous contrast to her Sleeping Beauty ensemble, although Lisa would have thought otherwise.

@Ypsilon (Bill Keegan)

Lily Tanner
Lily skipped down the stairs.

Jason Tanner
Jason hears Stephanie and Lily to come downstairs.”Hello my sweet girls.” Jason kisses Lily on the cheek and gives Stephanie a kiss.
@CrazyCaliope

Bill Keegan

He sighed loudly, reached for one of the puffy sleeves on her dress, and dragged her closer to him, stopping her from getting her outerwear on. “And where do you think you’re going in that?” he said, his words sharp as knives. He was so beyond done with her shenanigans - all he wanted to do was to arrive in time to his daughter’s first day of school, but she was making that nearly impossible. “Go change” he murmured, letting his daughter go in the direction of the stairs, unintentionally pushing her a little in an attempt to hurry her along.

Stephanie Tanner
Stephanie received a kiss from Jason and almost swooned because of it. She still couldn’t believe she was married to him. Then she looked at her daughter and remembered the reason. She felt blessed everyday for the both of them. “What’s for breakfast?” Stephanie asked while she picked Lily up and put her on a breakfast bar stool.
@JesusLover2.0

Jason Tanner
Jason smiled and grabbed two plates of eggs and setted it in front of them.”I made some of my famous first day of school eggs.”
@CrazyCaliope

Lisa Keegan

“B-but it’s the first day of school.” came her voice, as she quivered her bottom lip with the anticipation that her father would miraculously turn a one-eighty and reconsider her request. It was the first day of school – how else would she be able to show herself off in front of her classmates if not by striding in with her much-envied outfit that had been a central reason as to why the other girls had expressed an interest in her in the first place? Instead, she found herself shoved in the direction of the stairs which seemed to answer a lot about his stance. Her mother would have passed a smile across her face and taken her by the hand upstairs with the promise that the young Keegan could wear her princess dresses as much as she wanted in the evenings, but her father on the other hand-- “Mum would have let me.” Lisa quietly spoke, a pout playing upon her lips as she maintained her eye contact with her dad with the hopes that he would change his mind. Her mother always had a way of defending Lisa’s interests, and it was in no doubt that the girl would have been able to convince her.

@Ypsilon (Bill Keegan)

Stephanie Tanner
Stephanie smiled and remembered back to each year he had made them for her. They just kept getting better with each year. She took up a stool next to her daughter. “Thank you, Mr Tanner,” she subtly flirted with him and playfully batted her lashes.
@JesusLover2.0