Step by step to start a chapter. Help me!

Can anyone tell me step by step order to write a chapter. I’m just confused af, where to put the warning background and where to put the intro and where to put the character customization. I sound silly but believe me, writing our first story and hoping it to be perfect and trying to make it perfectly is something responsible. So someone help me please!!

Hey, I know what you mean, it’s all up to personal preference. In my story I have a little something happen at the start of the story and then I have my intro and then my warning like this.

INT. GEORGE DRAWING - DAY

@zoom reset

@transition fade in black 3

@pause for 3

@transition fade out black 3

INT. COP WARNING - DAY

@transition fade in black 3

@pause for 3

@transition fade out black 3

I have my character customization at the end of the chapter, I did this so people would become more familiar with the characters and would be less likely to change them but lots of people like to put them at the beginning. Some people also like to do a menu at the beginning of the story which gives you the option to either customize the characters or play the episode.

I’m not sure I explained this very well, but if you have any questions feel free to send me a message. I’d be happy to help. :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

Make sure to always check youtube out as well.
Good luck! :blush:

1 Like

Thankyou so much❤ I’ll ask you again if I have to!!!

1 Like

Thank you!!!:gift_heart: I’ll check there.

1 Like

Yeah, when I first started I was always using Joseph Evan’s videos, they’re very helpful.

2 Likes

Honestly it’s what you want
I have an animated intro with tappable overlays to read, skip or look at credits
then after the reader taps to continue onto the story then I have the warning then I have the story cover then the story continues

1 Like

Yes. I have planned it well. First, warning and then CC and then intro. And from second chapter I’ll just exclude the CC. Thats all😌

1 Like