Stereotypes That Drive You Crazy!

Yes :roll_eyes: it’s so annoying, and it’s even more sad that I have to explain to people that it’s 2018. Like hon just stop it’s tiring.

2 Likes

I also hate it when people find out that I’m Muslim, they question me because of my appearance! They’re like “really” or “you’re lying”

4 Likes

I’m half Filipina as well and I obviously look like I have Asian in me and the amount of Asian jokes I got in high school omffffFFFFFGGGG

Asking me if I eat dog, like c’mon mate :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Eat dog??? What the heck is wrong with people!!!

3 Likes

For reallll! Also why do people always think of china when they hear asian!

4 Likes

People are so uncultured lmao
There’s plenty of different Asian countries that are so different from one another

@Chocolate_Mama yeah I hated my school lol

6 Likes

I just want to get out of school so I don’t have to get generalised every day

1 Like

I feel like it’s something you’ll just have around you all the time because there are ignorant people everywhere.
I just figured sarcasm and sassy come backs puts them in their place aha

4 Likes

:joy::joy: I guess so, but they’ll never learn. I just want their damn parents to hear the crap they say!

2 Likes

The fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Just live your life girl, if I could go back to when I was in highschool, I would just not give a shit about what people had to say about me and my ethnicity because I’m proud of being a Filipina. Like it’s such a beautiful country with great food as well haha

3 Likes

Thank you! Hopefully I’ll feel the same when I’m older! And yeah, the Philippines is amazing!

2 Likes

The number one most disturbing and uncomfortable thing I have ever had to deal with in my profession is older men saying “Oh, I get the young pretty nurse to help me today”
Excuse me, how bloody insulting is that. Yes, it is my duty as your nurse to help you get dressed and washed if you are physically incapable of doing it yourself; but don’t you dare make my job feel like a sexual favour to you.

As much as my job is rewarding, there isn’t a shift that goes by where I don’t feel violated or repulsed by some of the things patients and their families say to us nurses.

And why are nurses still seen as “sexy”? have you SEEN what the uniforms really look like? Have you SEEn what we look like after a 13 hour shift? It is not a pretty sight whatsoever.

Thanks for letting me rant :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

12 Likes

We’re Latino, thus we’re Mexican. No, no, no! Latin America is broad and composed of countries, like Peru, Puerto Rico, Brazil, the Dominican Republic and so on. Though Mexico is beautiful, we come from different places, too.

And only because a person speaks Spanish doesn’t mean thier an illegal immigrant. Especially when they say go back to your country. Ah mijo I am in my country.

10 Likes

Wow! That’s so disgusting, you’re helping them and they treat you like that? You’re doing your job, you shouldn’t be insulted like that! You can rant here anytime lol!

6 Likes

That’s so racist! Tell those people to go to another county damn!

3 Likes

I get that all the time. And one time directed to my daughter, she was only 3 years old. I went all boricua crazy on them.

5 Likes

Good! How can someone do that to a three year old! She’s so young and already being discriminated ! Smh

3 Likes

I have a lot that drive me crazy. Where do even I start

1. I hate the double standard kind of stereotype. Things like “Boys don’t cry, man up!” or assuming a girl is “overreacting” or that she’s on her period when she’s actually upset. It’s just dumb.

2. And I hate all racial stereotypes. Telling a black woman that her hair “isn’t real” or assume that they “don’t love themselves” when they’re simply just rocking pretty hairstyles or that “ALL ASIANS ARE SMART” “WHITE PEOPLE DON’T KNOW HOW TO DANCE” etc just grinds my gears.

3. when people assume that those who are heavily tattooed and wear black all the time are “bad people” and “might give a bad influence”, “goths are depressed” “people with dyed hair are tacky” etc.

4. When adults say, “YOU’RE NOT DEPRESSED YOU’RE JUST A TEENAGER WHAT YOU’RE GOING THROUGH IS A PHASE” and blame it on the hormones. Lmao

5. Omigosh the LGBT stereotypes. Don’t get me started! it pisses me off how people have the audacity to say that gay people are “just going through a phase”, that lgirls who are feminine can’t be gay”, when a support character who’s part of the community is in love with a straight friend, OR WHEN THEY THINK A LESBIAN/GAY/BI PERSON CRUSHES ON EVERY SAME GENDER PERSON THEY MEET.

Yeah I admit, I have a lot to complain about but you know

21 Likes

That’s tooooo true. People assume everything!

4 Likes

Really grinds my gears when people say to me “oh you have a boyfriend you can’t be gay/bi”

WELL EXCUSE ME BITCH I THINK I KNOW WHO I AM ATTRACTED TO :upside_down_face:

9 Likes