Stereotypes That Drive You Crazy!

Just because I’m Caribbean doesn’t mean I speak patois, do not ask me “wah gwan” cuz hunty I do not know how to answer that!:joy:

Oh and another thing, just because someone is a female doesn’t mean they can’t like comics. Please stop staring at us in comic book stores please, thank you! :kissing_closed_eyes::blush:

6 Likes

Or when we score higher on English tests :joy:

1 Like

I can relate to both of these. I can clearly understand patois, but I grew up in the US, so I literally cannot speak it all. Also, not only Jamaicans speak patois, there are other countries there y’all. Same with comic books. I love love love superheroes and I would prefer not to be stared down whenever I walk into a comic book store.

6 Likes

Yeah I hate it, especially since I’m super socially awkward. That’s why I’m so scared to go into the comic stores, they act as if they’ve never seen a girl in their life

3 Likes

Another thing actually many people think I’m Jamaican when they hear me talk, I will never understand why

4 Likes

Spoiler alert: the mc dies and the bad boy kisses her and then she wakes up.

4 Likes

Another one that gets on my nerves is that people assume all latinx people are from Mexico. Personally, I’m not Latina but there was this girl in one of my classes who expressed annoyance that people just assumed she was Mexican rather than asking where she was from which she had no problem with. She was surprised when I was able to tell she was from Colombia because there is a difference

6 Likes

When they say

"oh, that’s a bad boy"

Like what?! How do you even know ? Did you weigh his soul on those scales that St.george used !!! Judging appearances doesn’t mean anything especially if you attend a school which provides uniform that you must wear so what makes him a bad boy ? The second he entered the door I heard my friend say that like …

Oofiedoo…

4 Likes

When people think people with ASPD or BPD diagnosis are out to get them.

They are not going to kill you, they got their own business to do just like you. Leave them alone.

7 Likes

bump

1 Like

When people seem to think that short people are just “cute” and can’t stand up for themselves. Ummmm, excuse me but if I’m angry enough I will kill everyone, an angry short person is not someone you want to be around.

4 Likes

Bump!

Every time I talk to someone who’s not latinx that I’m Colombian I brace for the “oh, like Pablo Escobar!” or “do you do/sell drugs/ know anyone who does?” It really makes their ignorance shine through when the only thing they know about such an amazing and diverse country is its bad history with trafficking.

2 Likes

I’m Greek and there are lot of people out there who think that our way to have fun is to scream OPA, break plates and dance the Zorba dance :joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

People stereotype against me becuz I am the only blonde in my school. It is a silly thing to stereotype against me.

4 Likes

I’ma white half-Mexican and people assume that just cos I look white, I’m not Mexican. Sorry my dad’s genes were more dominant than my mothers? :laughing: Or when people stereotype the white girls as basic, quiet, shy, and nice. So when people see that I’m loud and really weird and full of opinions I’m suddenly “acting black” or something like nah! I can’t act a race, color! I’m half Mexican, I got the crazy genes from the Mexican in me. Even passing off as white to everyone, they still don’t understand white people aren’t all the same nor basic nor anything like that even though there is A LOT of basics out there, it’s in all races too, hun. I’m stereotyped that I am not Mexican because I have really dirty blonde curly hair, green/blue/brown (hazel) eyes and light skin. :woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

“Bengali girls don’t wear sleeveless”

Bruhhh, my body my choice. I hate it when other Bengalies throw me under the bus for wearing clothes that are sleeveless.

2 Likes

“Any woman who wears leopard print is a slut”

Leopard print is so pretty

3 Likes

-The MC who’s always rude to everyone for no reason.
-Bad boys :face_vomiting:
-Black girls are always loud and sassy.
-All gay people wear florals and lipstick.
-All muslims are extremely strict.
-Bad boys always wear leather jackets (bruh, wtf?)

6 Likes

• The shy, clumsy asian friend in stories who looks very similar to the Rose avatar, except with minor changes.
• Muslims have to “look muslim.” Somebody once told my friend “You don’t look muslim.” wait…how can you look like a religion?
• Black girls are always sassy and can’t be shy, otherwise they’re acting white. :roll_eyes:
• Christians always want people to believe their religion and don’t support LGBTQ+ lies!
• If a guy cries, he’s gay. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

10 Likes