TITLE: My Kalona
CHAPTER STATS: 8 chapters published
EXPECTED LENGTH: 15
DESCRIPTION: While 17 yr old Naomi desperately tries to bond with her estranged father, she becomes the prisoner of a Native-American curse that threatens all. Help Naomi defeat the curse!
What do you like? What do you not like? Suggestions? Comments?
What I have learned from reviews so far!
- My first chapter is not as exciting as it should be
I’m still trying to figure out how to resolve this issue without spoiling the story. I may not be able to, but I’m contemplating how.
- My character may seem more personal to the reader if I used first person narration.
Excellent suggestion! I’m kicking myself for not doing this to begin with! It’s already close to nine chapters in and this kind of rehab would take a whole day… I’m debating when I’ll have the time, but I agree 100% with this suggestion.
- A few punctuation errors!
Chapters 1-5 of noticed errors are fixed!
- Cover is interesting, but a bit too cluttered/congested.
Fixed! Cover updated based on poll results within the community.
- I wish I knew more about the MC’s backstory.
This is one of those stories where the characters backstory is revealed throughout the entire story… I’m not sure how I can change this, as it may spoil everything… thinking.
- Speechbubbles in beginning chapters, for a short time, in wrong position
- Unique & Interesting plot!
… More reviews & suggestions incoming!