Stop it right now

I just don’t understand why all mafia stories are the same. There’s so many ways you could write about the mafia without it being an overused plot, yet, for some reason people continue to write the same stuff over and over

2 Likes

Exactlyyy :rofl::skull:

1 Like

Chain reaction because of that story being so successful people redo it expecting the same success

3 Likes

This is annoying! People should start writing stories about other stuff like a random family story, or a royalty story, or a horror story, not this mess! It’s too much! :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I get that there is a suspension of disbelief when it comes to mafia stories on episode and that real mafias are mostly a thing of the past (I know they still exist but they are weakened compared to their prime) but I really am sick of them. The action genre is plagued with them. I’ve never liked them from the beginning. Just something new please.

3 Likes

Well maybe you should

But understandable plots are mostly always the same…BUT i dont think its so much about glorifying/romanticing…its more of they are trying to live out a fantasy in a way…as Voltaire said “There are some that only employ words, for the purpose of disguising their thoughts”…BUT i mean if they are going to write a mafia story they should atleast get some truth in it

3 Likes

yeah, but it’s never gonna happen lol :woman_facepalming::joy:

2 Likes

my thoughts exactlyyyyy

2 Likes

ikrrr ugh it’s annoying

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought about writing one but I’ve come up with other stories that I’d rather write first

1 Like

LOL I absolutely can not stand mafia/gang stories where they kidnap the girl cause she found out :woman_facepalming: and then she falls in love with the mafia leader

4 Likes

I don’t have a problem with mafia stories per se, but I do have a problem with the mafia stories on Episode lol. I actually find organized crime fascinating, and I feel like writers could really create interesting storylines about it. The problem is, you’re right. They don’t. It’s usually the same plot in the action/drama section, and it’s more often than not, it’s miscategorized.

I actually plan on eventually writing a mafia story eventually (once my current WIP is out of the way) though I plan to do a lot of actual research, and it won’t be a romance story.

I think there’s something to be said about the value of a well-written mafia story. But, I can’t say I’ve seen it on Episode.

14 Likes

I’m with you on this! :handshake:

1 Like

ugh ikr?? If I met a mafia leader I wouldn’t be like omg he’s so hot I’m in love I’d be like um, tf?? Please don’t kill me

3 Likes

but then again…if they do write how the real mafia works in a pg-13 app…there will be backlash as well…soo once again like always it doesn’t matter you will always be criticize…so at the need of the day write what you want how you what

4 Likes

yeah lol

3 Likes

isnt that called stockholm syndrome…yeahhh nothing romantic about that BUT people have fantasies

5 Likes

oh god, yes!
the worst mafia plot is about the MC going to the club and then, somehow she ended up in the dangerous part of the city and is saved by the mafia soon-to-be leader/leader.
isn’t this plot way TOO realistic?

3 Likes

Yeah, we’re a little limited in how we can display certain scenes, and I can 100% count on seeing fanmail and IG comments asking for an LI or more sexy scenes. lol

A realistic portrayal of the mafia could probably flop, but that’s the risk you take when you publish anything on this app, tbh.

3 Likes

I gotta agree that most of these stories have basically the same plot. :joy:

2 Likes