STOP using random tags - its just spamming people with unwanted content!

OK I totaly hate when I am for no reason included in some random tags just so that the person is hoping to get attention to his post,

They dont know me just copy the tags from somebody. And once it happens that somebody ads me to the random tags it is than repeated by others… like if your name once was misused for this kind of spam its legit to do it on and on.

Seriously guys is realy your content/post so important that its worth to abuse others with unwanted tags?

31 Likes

I feel like there should be some kind of switch on the “Preferences” on our profiles to where we can disable and enable the option to be tagged on other topics.

13 Likes

Now, I’m fine with people tagging me, but it should be about something I can do\help
If someone tags me for games, I join
If someone tags me for opinions on their art, I help
But anything instagram related, absolutely not! (For the 500th time, I don’t HAVE instagram)

Guys please research who you’re going to tag before you do so. And Topics actually still thrive even without tags so they’re not required but if you do use them, see is the tag is useful

13 Likes

I have no problem if I am tagged for help since that is what I do on the forum. But because I do slso art I ended up in random tag bunch which is missused by many art shops or outline contest. I as artist do not use artshops and I never did and I am not going to take part in outline contest.

But because some “good soul” once tagged me2 years ago I am still tagged by such stuff, I ask everybody to delete my tag but half of the people not even do this… so the damn copy paste goes on and on.:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

10 Likes

This is really annoying to see a random tag popping in the notification when we don’t even stand near the topic that mention us. Like they tag coders on outline contest and some messes too.
This random unwanted tagging to grab attention has to be stopped while useful tags are encouraged

5 Likes

Not only do people tag random people here on the forums but they can create a long list of random tags on their thread and it’s really annoying, I have even seen people blur out their long tag list but that trick doesn’t work for me cause I can just tap my phone screen and see it.

7 Likes

You talking bout me :rofl:

4 Likes

No, just other people who do this.

3 Likes

and many of them write “sorry if you do not want to be tagged”

like if it solves the fact that they spam you, well no it doesn’t!

the only solution is NOT SPAMMING.

And if you spam stop pretending as if you care about the people with your fake apology.:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

9 Likes

Agreed.

The only reason why a person should be tagged is if the tagger needs coding help, or something to do with help in general. Or course, I understand that sometimes people forget, but they’re taking it 1 step too far. If you’re going to tag people, tag if you need help. Not if you want someone to play your game.

No offense @NeahM Ya know I love you :blush::joy:

2 Likes

:grimacing:

3 Likes

:joy::eyes:

3 Likes

Agreed, if you know this one person knows how to help with something? Tag them.
If you just want to tag people for attention? Just don’t.

It is annoying me a lot, sure they can tag me when they actually think I might be interested, but if it is for a game, a story where I didn’t even ask to be tagged in, or something that is just unnecessary, leave me out of it.

Like: Don’t random tag. Only tag people when you know they might be able to help with something.

7 Likes

I completely agree!!
I hate it when people I’ve never talked to tag me in games or just random things.

5 Likes

If there’s a specific user who persistently tags you, you can ignore their posts, notifications, and PMs by going to Preferences - Notifications - Users and adding them to the ignored list. This may not entirely solve the issue of random users tagging you, but it is an option

Also, if someone tags you and you’d prefer that they not do it again, just PM them and let them know.

3 Likes

I always ask the one who tagged me to be deleted from the random tags list but apparently not all do it even being asked and other then simply copy the tag list so I get tagged randomly again by other person.

It took me several months asking everybody who taged me (via coppied tag list) to delete my tag from the post till it stopped and now after half year again somebody digged some old tag list with my name in it and the copy paste tag abuse started again.
:woman_facepalming:

Can such post be flaged as spam if there are many random tags?

5 Likes

Yes, thank you for saying this! I can’t stand when people do this!

6 Likes

I completely agree! I’ve gone as far as to add a specific note in my profile. My PMs were filled with my messages asking people to stop tagging me. I just spent a half hour yesterday clearing them out. It’s crazy.
When I tag people, it’s because I see they have participated in/shared their opinion about the topic my thread is about.

3 Likes

yeah I actually think this should be seen as violating forum rules. I decided that from now on I will flag every post where I will be in random tags as spam.

Asking the people doesn’t solve the problem - I have seen too many times that I asked them to delete my tag from the list (so my name will not be copied again) , they reply that they will do it but 70% actually don’t do it and do not delete the tag. :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming:

Something so disrespectful should not be tolerated and hopefully, moderators of the forum will help us with this.

3 Likes

They have a new rule of tagging only 2 people in a post (no thread mentioning it but if you try, it’ll stop you from posting). So if you try to tag 3, it won’t let you. I think this will majorily impact art shop and review thread waitlists where artists/reviewers keep track of their request in the OP. I guess a solution would be to use outside resources like Google docs. Personally random tags never bothered me, I just ignore, but I can understand that being tagged many times is frustrating and can drive one mad. I just wish they had asked people about what they’d like seen done. People shouldn’t have been randomly tagging others in the first place but they did and it ruined it for us all :confused:

4 Likes