Stories that you think are overrated

It was amazing. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I know right. BTW I was checking out your profile. Caucasian is afancy word for white.

1 Like

:frog: :tea: Indeed it isā€¦

wait- SAIGE MERCER WAS AN ASIAN?!

2 Likes

I agree and the stories about bad boys getting the MCs pregnant, then leaving them may also be very triggering.

5 Likes

With all due respectā€¦

The New Girl
Chain Reaction
Rebounding with bad
Stripped
All those new Limelight trending stories that I will not even bother with.

Well, you get the pictureā€¦

The most overrated one is definitely The New Girl.

As for Adrenaline, I think it deserves to beā€¦ overrated? Honestly, I do not think that is the word. It is popular and it has earned that popularity. How many stories do you know with a similar plot? Sure, there are certain things I do not like about this story, but letā€™s face: it is quite an unique piece in this platform.

14/04/2019, edit: I changed my mind. Rebounding with Bad is actually pretty likeable in my opinion. I should not have judged it because of a few chapters and its summary and title. Like Adrenaline, I think this story may be worthy of being ā€œoverratedā€.

14 Likes

I didnā€™t know that either, I guess Saige sounds Asian

True that. I just couldnā€™t get into that story after reading the first episode.

Tell me about it. Like there are readers who have definitely been pumped & dumped by someone they thought they love so I donā€™t blame them for being triggered (not using it in an ironic way) by the ordeal they went through.

I think that any stories to do with pregnancy is overrated

I never read them because I hate that itā€™s all the same

Either a school girl gets pregnant or a girl sleeps with a stranger

Itā€™s all the same

3 Likes

True that. Especially when they sleep with multiple guys and they have to find out who is the dad.

1 Like

I donā€™t mind so much if itā€™s one guy but I canā€™t stand stories where the MC is basically like a slut

8 Likes

Nothing wrong with being ā€œa slutā€ (derogatory term for women who enjoy their sexuality!) if you are taking care of yourself accordingly :woman_shrugging:

This is something these incredibly overrated stories usually forget about, by the way.

EDIT: Hence the ā€œunplannedā€ pregnancy. So I understand your point.

4 Likes

Well, even if you take care of yourself, committing such acts and doing it continuously with many and multiple of people is not healthy and not okay to do. Saying that ā€œNothing wrong with being itā€ means anyone can do it. Even little kids. We have to set limits to this stuff.

4 Likes

All right. I do not want to have my post flagged as ā€œoff-topicā€, so I will only say (again) that it is not unhealthy at all if you are taking care of yourself accordingly and that I strongly disagree with you. I do understand, however, that you worry about children and how they may perceive these stories. If you wish to keep talking about this, then PM me, because otherwise moderators are going to slap us hard for this :wave: :joy:

I want to clarify that these kind of stories are definitely overrated, though; MC with multiple LIs and suddenly, BAM, pregnant. And some of them realise they are pregnant within a day or even a couple of hours? I wish they treated the issue with some realism at least!

8 Likes

Pregnancy hits them harder than when I get hit with a ball.

3 Likes

I know right. Itā€™s gross when she does it with more than one guy.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly!!

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I donā€™t read them.

I do however donā€™t mind if itā€™s one girl and one guy.

Iā€™m writing a very unique story just now and plan on releasing it in the fall Aug-Oct

Itā€™s not pregnancy or gangs (Although I do have a gang story out) itā€™s not high schoolā€¦

Itā€™s completely different and hopefully I donā€™t get hated for it when it comes outā€¦

2 Likes

Aw wicked. I canā€™t wait to find out what itā€™s about. Have you heard of Cinderella by Peiyang? Itā€™s a pretty good story about a girl who is not the prettiest girl in the world and finds it difficult to get a job or a guy she likes because of her appearance. So she downloads an app called Cinderella where it gives her task and it changes her appearance and when it runs out, she goes back to square one.

4 Likes