Stories that you think are overrated

Yea, I have read it but because I am very picky when it comes to a princess I didn’t finish it…

I’m one of those people who pick at everything that’s wrong

1 Like

It’s not one of these princess stories. It’s a mystery story which makes it very interesting because the MC isn’t the only one using that app to make themselves look pretty.

2 Likes

I still don’t like them…

I’m very particular when it comes to stories or movies like that

1 Like

Cinderella is one of my favorite stories :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I understand. I’m not really a fan of princess things either but thought the story was interesting because it wasn’t one of these stupid rom coms.

I love movies

I love Frozen, The Little mermaid, Beauty and the beast

I just hate live action and stories trying to be different, when really if it’s not about Cinderella, Ariel, Belle ect… Don’t do it

1 Like

The story had nothing to do with the princess/movie though (at least not from what I remember?).
The title was just relating to the whole transformation aspect. If it had been called “The Transformation App”, would you have liked it better?

To the original topic (just to keep my post on topic lol), without naming specific stories, I’d say that I find most gang stories and pregnancy stories to be overrated. I don’t really understand the hype. Also high school love triangles. Bonus points if there’s a transformation involved lol. (That’s not to say I dislike all stories with those themes, but the majority seem to be exactly the same.)

4 Likes

Bump!

I’ve said it once and I’m gonna say it again.

Episodes always tells us to be original but they never do the same. :sunglasses:

15 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly.

1 Like

I think every topic can be well-written. Personally, I am disappointed when the stories have good first chapters but then an author just “produces” simple situations without a script. I like when the story has proper beginning, middle and the end that are based on ONE main idea. But 50% of stories in some point don’t know what they are about. We have another party, another jealous b*tch that wants to destroy everything and so on. When it appears once in the story and has a meaning for the events, it’s okay. But when there are 10 different parties and characters don’t develop it’s annoying :wink:

8 Likes

I’ve noticed Episode has been too generic by advertising these cringy stories with the same boring topics. Especially when they glorify the things that are very serious and can be triggering for those with PTSD.

4 Likes

I think that most pregnancy stories are overrated af. The same thing happens in all of them, and the only big difference is the name. They are all about a girl who gets pregnant by someone she doesn’t really know and then they fall in love and have a happy ending. I feel like there needs to be more stories with a sad ending!

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly. It’s even annoying how they’re rubbing parenthood onto people that don’t really want kids. So inconsiderate!

4 Likes

Pregnancy stories, gang stories, (these stories possibly make up 1/2 (or even more) of the romance section in Episode.)

There are rarely any choices in romance stories (although more often now) where:

1. You can choose not to marry anyone.
  2. You can choose not to have children
  3. You can choose to break up with someone/ or not.
  4. You can choose whether you trust someone (and not just be BETRAYED by the author!)
  5. You can choose whether you don’t trust someone ( AND NOT BE BETRAYED BY THE AUTHOR!!!)

I have to say about the last three are the most uncommon choices. I’m pretty sure there are some love interests that some people prefer or don’t prefer. Like in “My first everything” for example. Some people might prefer Shane or Ryder (I didn’t read the female LIs). And the WHOLE plot was literally revolving around the fight for MC between these two LIs. Can’t we as readers have a choice just to break up and end the never-ending fight?

We can choose to trust someone, so that even if they so called “cheat” on us, we don’t just run away and assume they did. (This plot line just takes like more than 5 episodes to solve.) Even if there is this choice, I know for the most part the author just betrays us and not trust the LI, because they want this longer plot line.

We can choose not to trust someone. There is always this LI that the author is probably forcing on us to choose, like “your first crush”. But, what if we had a choice not to trust him/her anymore? That adds to the interesting factor in a story.

7 Likes

I’ve noticed that they don’t have these options and they’re so rare. I think one story gave you the option to not have children and can own a pet which is a good thing. I think the story was called Thriller: Honey! I’m Home.

I agree, these options should be in the story instead of us readers being forced to do what the author says and so on.
I’ve noticed that in My First Everything (same here, I only read the male LIs) like in the end, one of them still tries to wait for you to break up with one of the guys but I forgot how it ended.

6 Likes

Aw, thanks for shouting my story out.

I really cared about incorporating that because I know parenthood is not something everyone desires, and the more we normalize that, the less people that feel obligated to do things they don’t want!

Not everyone wants to be a parent, and I think it’s important to respect that.

4 Likes

You’re welcome. Great story btw!

Glad to know that you’re very considerate with the readers unlike authors these days.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! and I try. You can’t please everyone, but I try. Always growing and learning lol.

3 Likes

True true.

Well you know, it’s always good to have a story where you don’t have to have children in the story.

2 Likes

My Bad Boy Love :heart::heart::heart::heart_eyes: