Stories that you think are overrated

America

Iā€™m not from America but Iā€™m assuming most places have a large proportion of POC so thatā€™s when I think there is a problem but In some cases, stories set in certain places donā€™t need to have many POC in them. This is also another question, What races come under POC?

2 Likes

pretty much everyone who doesnā€™t have European ancestry

1 Like

Thatā€™s wrong.

Not all ethnic groups in Europe are historically white.

3 Likes

thatā€™s why i said pretty much. Idk why youā€™re even defending this author when there are no POC characters at all in the story.

Maybe we should get back on topic.

I think stories about pregnancy are overrated. Why would I want a whole story about a pregnancy? Thatā€™s just one aspect of life. People get pregnant. Whereā€™s the story in that?

8 Likes

Support.

I really hate the concept. Like, Iā€™m fine with MC getting pregnant in relationship, or when being married. But when she gets pregnant because of her stupidity, or cuz of not being careful enough. I canā€™t relate :smiley:

6 Likes

Back to the topic though, stories that Iā€™m tired of seeing are the ones with predictable endings. It gets boring reading the same ending over and over.

5 Likes

MCs be like: i had a 3some with random guys and no protection how am i pregnant (insert her tracking down the possible baby father)

6 Likes

:DDDDDD Well that happens IRL, but I still donā€™t wanna read about them.

3 Likes

Peeps who name drop are bravier than anyone in this community. I said what I said.

While we should be able to criticize stories and say our opinions, most people seems to be against it. But it isnā€™t the same for featured stories for some reasonā€¦as if an actual human being didnā€™t write it :thinking:

4 Likes

Overrated Stories (AKA Iā€™m sick of seeing these stories trending and recommended, theyā€™re boring and overrated, STOP POSTING ABOUT THEM)

• COMPLICATED by Sai Keyheart
  • Every Joseph Evans story
  • Every Lady Dianna story (Deep Attraction series particularly)
  • Every Miss Mj story
  • Every Wiktoria Forevel story
  • MAID FOR YOU (series) by Alex Light
  • Pregnant by My Student (series) by Noob Loop
  • The Curse of Charlie by Sarah Kieser
  • The New Girl by Saige Mercer
  • The Shaw Brothers by Violet Madison
  • The Teacher by Mette M. Peleikis
18 Likes

Tell me about it. The plots are always so generic!

I salute you. You brave soldierā€¦

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly. Itā€™s just so weird seeing stories that are all about pregnancy. Itā€™s even worse that there are kids who have no clue about pregnancy, sex and relationships.

4 Likes

Exactly. Writing bout things u have no clear vision about results in unrealistic dialogues. Same applies for gang stories and their romantisation

2 Likes

Tell me about it. This is why I think that Episode should really do an age restriction for the app since most of the stories have very mature themes and strong language. Weā€™re living in a generation where kids think theyā€™re adults.

1 Like

Yep. But unfortunately it is impossible at this point to verify age. But on the other hand, if you break the rules, fault on you. And one more point - Episode wants to cover wider rangeā€¦And I think 13-15 yo are the basis of Episode platform.

I guess so but yeah kids should enjoy being kids instead of dying to get into a serious relationship.

1 Like